Diet Time. Oy!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Kevin, do you want me to come to Tennesse and walk with you? :wink: :embarrassed: [/B][/QUOTE]

i've probably logged about enough miles in running to actually be in tennesse, that's if i was crazy enough to go out and run that far!

ryan

Jackie

Reaction score
2 pounds is great! Your body is already feeling the change. And just remember if you are working out and building muscle your weight may go up because muscle is heavier than fat. You shouldn't base everything on your weight, base it on inches too. Your arms might become more defined and smaller yet your weight could go up slightly before it goes down. Don't let that discourage you. :smile: I used to be muscular back in the day LOL!!!

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
You shouldn't base everything on your weight, base it on inches too.
Way to go Scoot!:excited: I don't even look at a scale, too discouraging. I base my weight loss on inches and by each time I can fit in a smaller size. I have a medium size frame, but I'm vertically challenged at 5'2":smirk: I know that's not very accurate, but as long as I know the inches are coming off I'm happy:smile:
Deb:flirt:

Jrobert

Reaction score
Hey everybody! Sounds like we're off on the right foot!

In regards to workout (and this is just my 2cents from working with so many people losing weight). You need to remember that muscle is heavier than fat, when working out, your point is not necessary to gain a lot of muscle. Really your point should be to maintain lean muscle and burn fat. In other words, in terms of fat, your body will only burn what it has. If you don't eat properly, you body will turn to burning muscle.

The best "workouts" are really just small things, making better choices. Long walks or speed walks, then small choices like taking stairs instead of the escalator or walking further in from the parking lot. Also, it's OKAY to snack! All you have to do is be better about your snack choices!

Try only one piece of fruit a day (most are very high in sugars), you can eat as many greens as you want! And snack on very high protein snacks, like protein bars or chicken, fish, etc. You bady cannot turn protein into fat!

Hope this helps and I'm not being repetitive. :smile:

But keep up the good work, it's all about making sensible choices.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jrobert
Try only one piece of fruit a day (most are very high in sugars), you can eat as many greens as you want! And snack on very high protein snacks, like protein bars or chicken, fish, etc. You bady cannot turn protein into fat!

Hope this helps and I'm not being repetitive. :smile:

But keep up the good work, it's all about making sensible choices.
I have a question, lets see who can answer it.

So a diet that would consist of Broiled Chicken Breasts, fish (salmon, perch, etc), and green vegtables (broccoli, asparagus, spinich, lettuce, etc.) for example, would be a very healthy choice then? Throw in protein power bars for a snack and maybe one serving of fruit a day too?

I didn't realize that the body cannot turn protein into fat. What does the body do with the excess? Is it burned for energy? Or just removed from the body? (you know what I mean)

Jrobert

Reaction score
Well, pretty much both!

That is the whole concept behind such diets as "Atkins." However, doing a VERY strict protein diet may or may not be the most nutritional but anything high in protein can be your best friend in snacking when on a diet. Protein is the first thing to be burning when walking or working out or whatever we are doing, the excessis pretty much thrown out because it cannot be converted to fat (does that make any sense?) :smile:

But try making different snack choices. If you like candy bars, find a protein bar that you really like! If you like chips, try just a few non fat, no salt pretzels! (Only a few to keep down your carbs) If you like nuts, try some roasted soy nuts with cardio salt!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hey, thanks alot, Jrobert!

I'll try to keep that in mind. One fruit, lo'sa veggies (oy!), and protein. Cut back on carbs. Check!

Thanks, man!

Sounds like you're doing a pretty healthy diet, there, Nate.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thursday, Day 4

Light winds, Good humidity. Progress slow, gettign discouraged.
I'm only burping--- Not truly belching. Mellow roundness remains elusive. Harmonics coming along with developing amplitude.
Hang in there!

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Thursday, Day 4

Light winds, Good humidity. Progress slow, gettign discouraged.
I'm only burping--- Not truly belching. Mellow roundness remains elusive. Harmonics coming along with developing amplitude.
Hang in there!
I burp all the time because I drink about 3 gallons of water a day.

Joe doesn't burp, he hiccups sometimes but never burps. LOL! He did it once and I thought it was so cute because I never heard him do it before!! LOL!