Diet Time. Oy!

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Whooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Jackie!

That's awesome! Wow!

How long did it take you to loose it?
Well it took 1 year in total. But I lost most of it over the summer.

Now i'm working on losing 15 which let me tell you is much harder than losing the original 100. LOL!!!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hehe! That's true! I got down to 220 at one point (then gained 60 pounds. smart move!:rolleyes:), then tried getting down to 200. Never made it. Those pesky 20 pounds is rough!

Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
hey i got a suggestion. about 4 years ago, i went down to texas a&m univeristy to look around and for some reason when i left that school, i wanted to lose weight. so i started to run. at first, i could only do like maybe 1/4 of a mile with a few stops. then 1/2 a mile with a stop or 2. now i can run like 8 miles with no problems. i might stop for a minute half way, but that is 8 miles and that is a pretty freakin long run! but there are sometimes where i don't stop at all. all of that helped me like shed off 50 pounds or so. but i still like to pig out on junk food! haha...

anyways, that maybe a better solution that just walking 3 miles a day.....

jackie, i found that the more you put into when you work out, you'll be hungry afterwards...one time i ran like 12 miles and i was so hungry, so i made me some turkey sandwitches and ate some fruit...good stuff..my legs hurt the next day though..i couldn't move!!!!

ryan
Sounds good, Ryan. I was thinking too that if I were to start listening to music while I walk, normally I sorta phase out when I'm listening to music, I wouldn't realize how far I would go until the CD was over. That could also be dangerous, though. Gotta make sure you're not walking on the road!

Well, tomorrow's the day. Oh, boy!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, last night I went for a 2 hour work-out with my friend. And, I have to tell you, my neck is in such pain!

Jackie

Reaction score
Well, last night I went for a 2 hour work-out with my friend. And, I have to tell you, my neck is in such pain!
You need only work out for 45 minutes a day. Don't overdo it because you won't get dramatic results from dramatic exersizing. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, don't worry! We were taking constant breaks. All-in-all, I think we got about 15 minutes worth of exercise. j/k

:wink:

Nah, we were being careful with what we were doing. I stuck mainly to the treadmill, ocassionally took a break then went to some other machine, but I don't think we overdid it, though.

Thanks for the warning! I've been told never to go so long without a break during a workout, and we probably took a break every 10 minutes.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
taking a 10 minute break is great. by the way, good job and keep it up!

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thank you. I weighed myself this morning, and I had lost 5 pounds. (this being after gaining 3, but that's still 2 pounds lighter than the listed weight! :cool: )

Well, tomorrow's the (official) 1st day o' my program.

Goodbye, food! I'll miss the sweetish things you make, Chef. (get it? Huh? Huh? Get it? Yeah, but I wish we had a cure for it)

:smile: :wink: :flirt: :halo:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
<Dwayne>

"JEEEEZ! Good LORD! I have no neck!!"

</Dwayne>

FRYMYHIDE!!!!!!!!

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: