Diet Time. Oy!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, it's time for me to attempt to shed these many many unwanted pounds.

*sigh*

I have 117 (formerly 140:eek: ) pounds to loose.

So, starting April 1st (and, no, this is not an April Fools joke), I'm going to start working on taking off those 117 pounds. Each day, I will post my weight for the day and how much I've lost in total over the course of my diet.

Why am I telling you this? Well, for one thig I could use the support, and for another thing having the entire internet knowing how much I weigh is pretty good incentive to loose all this weight!

So, my diet starts Teusday, April 1st and won't end until I have lost 117 pounds and reach my goal of 150 pounds.

Oh, Lord! What have I gotten myself into?

radionate

Reaction score
Can I make one suggestion? I wouldn't post your weight everyday. That can bring your morale down. I would suggest a weekly posting. You might even think about just posting how many pounds you shed for that week (or gained as might happen from time to time).

I too am working on getting back into the stud muffin shape I was in before college. As a matter of fact I just got in from a 40 minute powerwalking session (gotta love being able to do that while on the "clock").

One day at a time you can do it. Just take it as that, and don't look too far ahead or back and get upset about the failures or challenges that have occured or are waiting.

It just a matter of balancing what you eat with activity. Thats the best and at time hardest place to start.

You aren't going this alone! :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thanks, Nate.

Weekly update got it.

Unlike you, I don't want to get into the shape I was for my college days. I want to get into shape for my college days! He he! Being 267 pounds at 15 is no fun!

Like when you were smoking, it's the same way here. Girls don't like you, hard to make friends, you breath heavy, that just scares more people away!

No fun.

I'm going to start walking more for this too. When I get dropped off at my Dad's store, I'll normally take a 2 or 3 mile walk. That helps alot.

Thanks, Nate.

radionate

Reaction score
A 2 or 3 mile walk is a great start. Don't be discouraged if you can't finish it, just tell yourself you'll continue to work up to it.

Before you know it, 2 or 3 miles will seem like nothing, and you'll be taking a 5 mile walk!

Another tip is to just schedule time that you might be spending watching TV or playing video games for other stuff.

I like to work out while listening to a CD or watching TV. That way I feel I'm getting the best of both worlds.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I may not have said it right, but I've been doing the 2 or 3 mile walks quite often.

The CD bit. I like that idea. I'll have to get a new set of headphones, but I like it.

I used to do sit-ups while watching 3rd Rock From the Sun at 12:30 at night. That seemed to be good motivation, and I was so tired by the time I was done I had no problem getting to sleep! :halo:

I'm going to have to get into the habit of doing that again.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Good Luck! I know you can do it:excited: I know what you mean about trying to get in shape for college. I may be here already but I'm sure gonna work over the summer to be in shape for next year. The most important thing is just to find some exercise that you love doing. Ooo, now I can share what I've been learning in my nutritional science class! We're on the exercise unit right now. I think most importantly is to be sure in the diet part not to skip meals. That will only lower you metabolism. Your body will start eating your muscles! Just eat three well balanced meals and you'll do fine. Hmm..I should probably start taking my own advice:smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
electricmayhem and Nate are absolutely right. Good luck and remember that you are a cool guy no matter what the scale reads. :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah Scoots, weekly is much better than daily---I work wif about 15 females, and they've all started dietin' recently, and each week they have a "weigh-in" at work.

For each pound they're over, they pay a dollar, and for each 1/2 pound, 50 cents, lol. More good incentive for 'em!

And have you thought about joinin' a gym? My gym has some good cardio equipment, right in front of TVs. Now, I workout to bulk up and tone up, so I'm not sure how "fit" (no pun intended) a gym would be for one who's focusin' on just losin' weight, but you may wanna check it out.

We're all cheerin' ya on, man!

Really!

We are!

:smile:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I actually lost 30 lbs on Weight Watchers (which is all I wanted/needed to loose)... and then gained 10 back. XP Ah well, at least I'm still down 20.

But yeah, don't weigh yourself everyday. I started doing that, and it was SO frustrating. And it will drive you to do get more extreme on your diet (I'm not going to get into it here, but really daily weigh-ins are not good).

And don't deny yourself anything! Dieting can be super hard if you love food (and I do!), so I think it's a good idea to give yourself a day a week or every other week (depends on how you feel) you should treat yourself to something you wouldn't normally have on the diet the rest of the week. But that doesn't mean go hog wild on this day, just don't deny yourself... cuz once again, I did and went crazy.

And good luck! And even if you don't loose the full 117, we still love ya!

Oh yeah, and when people say "Wow! You're looking so good!" just say to them "What? I didn't look good before!?" cuz I hate it when people say that! Besides, I bet you do look good now! But getting healthy is a great idea.

^_^ Debo

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thank you all for the support and suggestions. And for those of you in the same boat, you have my support too!

I'm going to have to really consider alot of these suggestions. They've all been really great!

Originally posted by Boober_Baby
I actually lost 30 lbs on Weight Watchers (which is all I wanted/needed to loose)... and then gained 10 back. XP Ah well, at least I'm still down 20.

Dieting can be super hard if you love food (and I do!), so I think it's a good idea to give yourself a day a week or every other week (depends on how you feel) you should treat yourself to something you wouldn't normally have on the diet the rest of the week.

Oh yeah, and when people say "Wow! You're looking so good!" just say to them "What? I didn't look good before!?"
I'm glad you could loose the weight you did, Debo. Like you said, it's good to be healthy.

You won't believe how hard I laughed at that last part! I'm always getting that when I start trying to loose weight! And that middle bit was a good idea. I don't think I'd do that every week, just because it might be a little much for me with how much I've gotta loose, but I love food, it tastes so good!

Thank you all!