Did the Muppets get a make-over in the "From Space" movie?

SurfPark

Reaction score
Just wondering this. I noticed that some characters change over time. Was "Muppets from Space" one of those movies where the actual puppets changed? I noticed that Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, and Rizzo all looked different. Maybe its just the change of clothing, or is it something else in the faces?

Marky

Reaction score
Different form when? What was the latest thing in which you're comparing them to? Treasure Island? Muppets Tonight?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I think they rebuild the major characters for the movies.

Frogster

Reaction score
I can tell cuz Gonzo's face seems as if it's been brought more "foward" so to speak.

Marky

Reaction score
Gonzo's nose is also smoothly curved, rounded at the end and more 'skin' tone than blue.

I would also think that they all get prepped up before each movie, if not some get completely remade.

Even Bunsen, Statler and Waldorf look totally re-done sometime between 'Space and 'Oz.

amiki chan

Reaction score
They all seem to subtly change over time. It seems more obvious in Miss Piggy. She looks more polished in every film. They change her hairstyles a lot.

Marky

Reaction score
I'm not too crazy about her hair these days. Too thin and feathered. I like it best in Great Muppet Caper!

Wait a sec...What the heck am I doing taking about a puppet's hair???

Xerus

Reaction score
I noticed that Miss. Piggy was wearing orange gloves in that movie. When she usually wears purple gloves all those years.

MWoO

Reaction score
Actually Piggy's glovres have been changing for awhile. She now weras gloves to match her outfits as opposed to the traditional purple.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah. In IAVMMC, she actually had purple leopard print gloves for the most part, and then red ones for the "Moulin Scrooge" thing. It was kinda weird how they did that thing with her ripping off her clothes, revealing a white karate suit underneath it.

I also agree, her hair in Great Muppet Caper was great. :smile: Nice classic soft flowing style. It would work for any year. That whispy thing she had in MWoO, just didn't look good on her head. I mean, even for humans, thin hair dosnt' look good on a fat woman. XD

I should know, I'm fat myself. XD But then I looked at MTM. WOW. As someone else said...somewhere.

"The 80's hit that pig HARD."

So, the GMC style is perfect even now. And in a few appereances after the movie, she has adopted that similar hairstyle once more.