Did Joe Raposo compose anything not related to the Muppets?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Did Joe Raposo compose any music not related to the Muppets? I know he did the music/songs to The Electric Company, and the theme to Three's Company, but did he compose anything else not related to Muppets, CTW, or Three's Company?

SammieRose

Reaction score
Why yes, actually, he did. I'm singing one of his songs that he wrote for Frank Sinatra for my voice recital. :smile: I have a piano book that has some songs he wrote. They are:

There Used to Be a Ballpark -- Frank Sinatra
America Is -- Used for a TV special (won an Emmy)
Blue-- (renamed Rag Dolly)
Not Much of a Dog -- Stage Version of The Little Rascals
You Will Be My Music -- Frank Sinatra (I'm singing this one)
Winners (Here's to the Winners) -- Maurie (1973)

The book goes into more detail about those songs, but I tried to make the post shorter.

There's also a nice little list of stuff that he worked in, so I'll type that up in it's own little post. :smile:

SammieRose

Reaction score
Joe Raposo's Credits

Film Scores -- Composer

1981 The Great Muppet Caper Universal; Academy Award Nomination for Best Song: "The First Time It Happens" 1982

1978 Raggedy Ann & Andy 20th Century Fox

1974 Big Mo Story of Maurice Stokes; CBS

1973 Savages General Cinema

1972 Possession of Joe Delaney Shirley MacLaine; Paramount

1966 Steinbeck in Memoriam Documentary that won Academy Award Nominations; Universal

Television -- Musical Director and/or Composer/Lyricist/Producer

Children's Television Workshop -- Sesame Street 1969-1974, 1984-1989; Electric Company 1971-1974

National Public Television --Visions, Julie Andrews and Bill Bixby, New York, New York 1974-1979

Metromedia Television -- 1967-1969

CBS, NBC, ABC -- Composer, lyricist on many special projects and series including Three's Company and two Emmy Award-winning specials based on Dr. Seuss characters, The Muppet Show, CBS Morning News, Cabbage Patch Christmas Special (1986), Dr. Fad Show, Television Special: America Is (Emmy winner for Outstanding Children's Program, 1986), Other: Shining Time Station (PBS), Steampipe Alley (WWOR), Madeline (HBO) .

Broadway and Off-Broadway -- Composer/Lyricist and/or Musical Director

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, with Charles Schulz and Clark Gesner
Half a Sixpence with Tommy Steele
Play It Again, Sam with Woody Allen
House of Flowers with Harold Arlen and Truman Capote
The Mad Show with David Steinberg and Linda Lavin
The Office with Jerome Robbins

Theatre Groups -- Musical Director

Experimental Music Theatre at Lincoln Center -- Richard Roders, Director

American Theatre Laboratory -- Jerome Robbins, Director

Lecturer

MIT, Yale University, Harvard Graduate Schoold of Education, NYU, SMU, and others

Cultural Exchange

Raggedy Ann -- reopened the cultural exchange between the Soviet Union and the U.S.A., 1986. Also gave solo performance in Moscow.

--------

Probably more info than you really wanted, but it's neat to see what all he did. :smile:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
There was a thing on E!, where they had a "Three's Company" cast look-alike contest. No one could remember the whole theme song LOL

But, Joe was quite a talent. Still missed...

- Billy :cool: