Did Bert and Ernie ever bathe together?

Dantecat

Reaction score
His name is Brad and It's Bert's Nephew.(Not his cousin)

Xerus

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
On an old Muppet Sing-Along record, Bert was taking a bath and Ernie dragged the piano into the bathroom and invited everyone on Sesame Street to come have a sing along. Poor Bert!
I remember that episode when I was a kid. :smile: I also remember The Count coming in and counting all the people in the bathroom. "And one person in the bathtub!" he said looking at an annoyed Bert. Then The Count started counting all the white bricks in the wall, until the gang told him he was supposed to be singing. So the Count started singing a counting song.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
On an old Muppet Sing-Along record, Bert was taking a bath and Ernie dragged the piano into the bathroom and invited everyone on Sesame Street to come have a sing along. Poor Bert!
there was even a TV version of it as well.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Wow, really? I guess I never saw that. But I've heard the record many many times...

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
it's hard to remember the whole thing but i rememebr seeing Bob stopping by and some high school or colledge marching band comming in to play.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
fatblue said:
Boy,your post had me worried there for a minute! LOL!!!!

But seriously, I always saw the skit, circa '69 I'm sure, with just Ernie in the tub singing the 'Rubber Duckie' song. There was another skit with just Bert taking a bath, I can't recall how it went. But I never rembered both of them in the tub together, sorry! Maybe someone else?
Actually, about Bert taking a bath, you're probably referring to 'Christmas Eve on Sesame Street,' when Ernie's rubber duckie fell in the tub and Bert decided to get him a soap dish. That's the only time I remember seeing Bert in the tub.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember a Bert in the tub skit done in the 90s. They used the same, Do The Rubber Duck, setting. It showed Bert in the tub singing, I Gotta Be Clean, with four anything Muppets behind him singing backup. Then soon, some animals like a dog, elephant, duck, chicken, penguin, fish, and alligator rise from the tub and join Bert and the AMs in the singing. Then it ended with everyone, excpet Bert ducking down and disappearing. And Bert goes, "Hey, who took the soap?!!" Bert certainly didn't feel embarrassed in that skit.

Dantecat

Reaction score
I totally remember that skit a couple of times! By the way,What year was that skit? Does anybody have it? :smile:

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Equality

With all due respect, I would appreciate it if "Gonzoleaper" and anyone else who wishes to make judgements such as talking about " the sinful lifestyle of homosexuality" would refrain from posting such thoughts on the board.
I am a proud gay male Muppet fan, and find such comments very offensive.
Didn't the Fraggles teach us to live in a world of harmony? Richard Hunt was gay as well. Everyone deserves respect. 'nuff said.

ssetta

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
I totally remember that skit a couple of times! By the way,What year was that skit? Does anybody have it? :smile:
I have a few episodes with it like 3132 and 3216.