Did anyone go to the Tribeca Premiere of Oz?

GlobalGrover

Reaction score
I went, I went....

The screening was a lot of fun.....It was GREAT to see the Muppets on the BIG screen again! Kermit was onstage doing the film’s intro with Robert Dinero (though he was rather dull). The film itself had some clever moments, current event based humor and one rather disturbing scene. I won't give away any details you need to make sure you see it yourself. TOTO was GREAT!

Went to the "after- party" at a club in the Meatpacking District - Animal was playing-DJ and a Ashanti and her crew were there for photo ops...not sure what the connection was but David Hasselhof as there as well as Star Jones and assorted other “celebs” that I didn’t recognize. They served OZ-mopolitians a green drink with candy Kermit (a green frog in the bottom). The party "goodie" bag was a Kermit stuffed animal, an OZ mug, the soundtrack and a pen all in a great Green Kermit Bag.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Were their any chickens and penguins? :zany: Specifically, Camilla?

GlobalGrover

Reaction score
I Did, I Did

The screening was a lot of fun.....It was GREAT to see the Muppets on the BIG screen again! Kermit was onstage doing the film’s intro with Robert Dinero (though he was rather dull). The film itself had some clever moments, current event based humor and one rather disturbing scene. I won't give away any details you need to make sure you see it yourself. TOTO was GREAT!

Went to the "after- party" at a club in the Meatpacking District - Animal was playing-DJ and a Ashanti and her crew were there for photo ops...not sure what the connection was but David Hasselhof as there as well as Star Jones and assorted other “celebs” that I didn’t recognize. They served OZ-mopolitians a green drink with candy Kermit (a green frog in the bottom). The party "goodie" bag was a Kermit stuffed animal, an OZ mug, the soundtrack and a pen all in a great Green Kermit Bag.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Er...is it just me, or did I just get a strange sence of Da Sha Voi...

Drtooth

Reaction score
GlobalGrover said:
They served OZ-mopolitians a green drink with candy Kermit (a green frog in the bottom). The party "goodie" bag was a Kermit stuffed animal, an OZ mug, the soundtrack and a pen all in a great Green Kermit Bag.
Hmmm... an alcoholic drink related to the muppets. Never thought I'd see the day. Sure, I've heard of a Cookie Monster beverage once, but this is all pretty cool.

Can you give us more details about the "Kermit Goody Bag?" Do you have one? If so, can you provide pictures/ scans of the products inside?

GlobalGrover

Reaction score
Sorry no pix of the goodie bag...I am at work. But it contained a Kermit doll - pretty much like any you would find at any retailer, a black coffee mug with the movie logo, a cd soudtrack to the film plus 7 "classic" muppet songs and a purple or green pen.

No chickens or penguins at the party but they were both in the film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just asking. maybe if you can eventually make pictures, you can send them to Phil for the collectibles guide.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nice mug shot! Er...I mean, nice mug!

I want one!