Did anyone go to the Tribeca Premiere of Oz?

BornBlue

Reaction score
Seeing as how I work in NYC, I skipped out on work a little bit early today to see if I could get into the premiere of "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" at the Tribeca Film Fest.

I was a little worried that I wouldn't get in at first, but I finally got in about 5-10 minutes before showtime... right before Kermit the Frog and Mr. Robert DeNiro introduced the movie!

Other celebrities present included Kelly Osborne, James Gandolfini, Star Jones, Irv Gotti, some lady from "All My Children", David Alan Grier and Ashanti, among others.

The movie was decent, I wouldn't say spectacular, but Scooter actually speaks again and even the Electric Mayhem are more prominent than they have been recently. I spent a lot of the movie trying to adjust myself to the new voice talents and Ashanti's poor acting, but nonetheless I had a blast!!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I. like many Muppet fans, was not able to go :frown: .

But anyone who did go I'm sure Phillip (and all of us) would love to have a review/editorial of the experiance of the premiere and/or the film for Muppet Central's article section. Don't just keep the experiance to yourself, share it with us all. Look over the submission guide and past articles and considering sending something in for all of us to enjoy.

BornBlue

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into doing that tomorrow. I don't have many pictures, though, as the only camera that I had was my phone.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Details! Details!

Actually, my asking you for details is not fair, as we don't want to spoil it for everyone before May.

So, here's what I suggest, as long as you don't mind, of coruse. We ask Yes and No questians.

We did this when VMC was coming out and it didn't spoil the film, but rather added an air of greater excitment.

So, is that ok? If we ask you questians to which you are only allowed to answer Yes or No?

Here's my first three questians, of you do not mind.

Questian 1: Is Beauregard in it?
Questian 2: Did Dr Teeth have speaking lines?
Questian 3: Did the Electric Mayhem sing in the movie?

(Obviously, as stipulated, you can only answer yes, or no :wink: )

beaker

Reaction score
BornBlue said:
The movie was decent, I wouldn't say spectacular
Were just looking for 'Oz isnt completely lame, and has some nods to the more hardcore fans' :smile: Glad ya got to go, sounds awesome o see a muppet film on the big screen again.

BornBlue

Reaction score
To answer your questions Beau (forgive me if there are too many details as it's kind of hard to stick to yes or no):

1: No, I did not see Beauregard at all. :frown:

2: Yes, Dr. Teeth spoke one line as a part of a song. :big_grin:

3: Kind of, The Electric Mayhem are the backup band for two songs (and are present during a group song) only two members have quick lines in these songs. :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's still better than their lame apperances in the last 4 movies. Though I did like "Shalo-o-oam" in MFS.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It's still better than their lame apperances in the last 4 movies. Though I did like "Shalo-o-oam" in MFS.
personally, I liked Animal's "oy". Though that could be because I say "oy" all the time.

but Electric Mayhem's just backup? Well, that's a little disapointing... but it's better than nothing, right? right? right? I mean, they play, that's more than MFS, and if its... well, they actually sing, right? just a little, but they do? that's more than MTI and MCC. (I'm trying to be insanely optimistic.)
So thanks for sharing, BornBlue.
<taps fingers.> <looks at calendar.> <looks at clock.> <taps fingers.>
So how long until May 20? Is it May 20 yet? Is it May 20 yet? Is it May 20 yet? How long until May 20? <looks at calendar.> 22 days. and yes, I have a countdown of the days on my calendar...

Beauregard

Reaction score
BornBlue said:
To answer your questions Beau (forgive me if there are too many details as it's kind of hard to stick to yes or no):

1: No, I did not see Beauregard at all.

2: Yes, Dr. Teeth spoke one line as a part of a song.

3: Kind of, The Electric Mayhem are the backup band for two songs (and are present during a group song) only two members have quick lines in these songs.
No problem with the details. I'm happy with ALLLLLLLL the details! I was thinking some others might not be. :wink:

Mimi Q

Reaction score
I went. Won the sweepstakes. If anyone wants more details, let me know. My husband said it was definitely made for television.