Did anyone else wish that Miss. Piggy was cut out of Muppet Movie?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Plus it is just an ugly film
I'm out of this subject. There's just no rationalizing with such an outlandish statement. The Great Muppet Caper is undoubtedly one of the most beautifully photographed Muppet films (along with Muppet Christmas Carol - but you wouldn't know that either).
Just don't get it. Must be something personal.:confused:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Must be something personal.:confused:
maybe the tape fell off the shelf and hit him in the head...that might make me dislike a movie...nothing personal just making a joke...

Sarah

beaker

Reaction score
Must be something personal.:confused:
No way...I feel the same way about Empire Strikes Back.
The Muppet Trilogy is very parralel to the Star Wars trilogy in the release of it, etc. I just felt like Empire Strikes Back, the middle effort was the weakest...and like Jedi I think the final one is the strongest and most epic.

Ok maybe I should explain that ugly film remark.

When I firts saw GMC when I was little I really disliked it. When I saw it again when Disney rereleased it I didnt like it. When I saw it on dvd the other week I realized why I didnt like it.

1) There is no message to the film. Quite simply, it is just Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie stuck in this horrendously gross world of early 80's London high society chic. I mean when Charles Grodin puts a gun to a Muppets head...I just kep tthinking 'My gosh...'...the finale is the Muppets breaking into a museum, and a thief hesist foiled. Oh wow. Look at the ending of The Muppet Movie, or Muppets Take Manhattan.

2) The insane amount of 'hey, were in a movie' nods.

3) The fact we really dont see the Muppets as a strong unit like we do in the first or final of the trilogy.

4) again, the look of it. Maybe its London in the early 80's...but man...ugly isnt even the word for that fashion high sociity model world.

5) Finally, the overall feeling is one of 'so glad this is over with!'

GMC stands as my least favorite Muppet film, right under KSY and Elmo in Grouchland.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Still think it's something personal. :smile: LOL!

beaker

Reaction score
Still think it's something personal. :smile: LOL!
With you??? I was proclaiming my utter dislike of GMC on MC before ya came aboard. Personal against London? Well there is something depressing about the way it is protrayed in GMC, but especially in MCC. Personal for the sake of being personal? Now that wouldnt make sense. But then again, nothing does around here. I mean we agree on a lot of other things in threads so its not that. No, I really just find GMC rather bleak and upsetting. See my above reasons why.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No - personal as in the reasons you do not like the projects have less to do with the particular films and more about the culture surrounding them that influenced styles etc. Some don't like the Muppet Movie because it has a 70s look and feel. I find that sort of silly and it has nothing really to do with the film - just the times. When I said personal it had nothing to do with me. Just that you had personal tastes that had little to so with the Muppets that influenced your decisions and that everything seems to be night or day with you. Just very dramatic.:smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I loved GMC. I think TMM gave to most nods to the audience. They actually pulled out the script! Come on. GMC had the same ammount of nods as TMM did but they were done in a different way. I loved that move and I think Piggy had a classic look in the movie. I'm glad they went back to that kind of look again.

MTM Piggy scared me when I was a kid! That whole thing at the end was freaky. What was up with her eyes? Was that a good 80's look? I like Piggy as she is today.

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by Gonzo
She looked a heckuva lot hotter than any other woman in that flick...except perhaps Diana Rigg, who's always been a hottie.
The swimmers in the water ballet were hotties.:big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Philip Kippel
The swimmers in the water ballet were hotties.:big_grin:
that just cracked me up!!!! don't know why but it did!!!! thank you for making me smile!:big_grin:

Sarah