Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I was under the impression we'd only get one two-pack at a time.
That could be true, but the statements I've read so far have only stated the following:
  • There are four waves planned to span one year
  • Size of the figures (Muppets will be in muppety scale with 7" human figures)
  • They are on the second round of sculpting (and are integrating the articulation)
  • There won't be many accessories
  • Released figures will be in two-packs
Nowhere have I read that there will be only one two-pack released per wave. It would be unusual for a figure company to do that, but buddy packs like this aren't the norm either. Maybe that particular question should be asked directly to them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Nowhere have I read that there will be only one two-pack released per wave. It would be unusual for a figure company to do that, but buddy packs like this aren't the norm either. Maybe that particular question should be asked directly to them.
Technically, I didn't read that, but I got that assumption from the fact that only the Kermit and Fozzie figure prototypes, in addition to the Mini Mates, were on display at Toy Fair. But maybe the other sculpts just hadn't started yet.

Yes, it seems unusual that there'd be just one two-pack of figures at a time, but at the same time, I know that there's a big difference in action figures (especially collectible ones) now than there were a decade ago. With figures costing a lot more now than they were in the past (and I think Dr. Tooth keeps saying that the more pitiful types of toys cost around 8 dollars) and multi-packs being common, I wouldn't have been surprised if there was just one at a time.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
From the latest Diamond Select Q&A:

"Hello, would you be able to give any hints of what’s to come in the Muppet lines? I heard about the Select two-pack and the ten planned mini-mates, but I am so excited for this and would love to hear more details! Are there more than two Select figures planned? Will they come with accessories or set pieces? I noticed that the Mini-Mates line-up did not include any of the Electric Mayhem — any plans for a five-pack? Thank you so much for any response you can give! You have no idea how excited I am!"

DSTChuck: Not much I can say now without getting in trouble but – yes, the Muppets will be Select, with two figures per pack. The figures will be in scale with 7” figure lines just like they would be if the Muppets were “real.” As such, there will not be TONS of accessories or dlx bases – you get two figures. We have line-planned 4 series so far. All the sculpts for series one are in the second round of sculpting – we are now adding the articulation. For Minimates, I can say we have several series planned already, so let’s hope the sales are where we hope/think they will be, and we’ll keep the Muppets coming.

Got a question for DSTChuck? Submit it via the drop-down menu above, or e-mail us with the subject “Ask DST”!
That was my question! I'm famous! Can't wait for this line.

Reactions: j3h

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
24 characters! Amazing! Palisades gave us 36 (not including Javas, Gaffer, Penguins, Ghosts, Lobster Bandittos, Random Frog Scout etc...) If the line continues that bit longer we might give us everything we are not expecting!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
We have a new little nugget of news from MSWord on the Fwoosh forum!

Re: Muppets (Palisades/DST)
by MSWord on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:24 pm

"We'll release a few two-packs at a time. So I believe 24 characters have been planned."
Translated (if 24 is the total character count for the first year) that means 3 buddy packs (6 total figures) per quarter. These seem the most likely to me:
Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, Scooter, Rowlf, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, Sam, Animal, Janice, Floyd, Dr.Teeth, Zoot, Rizzo, Robin, Camilla, Pepe, Walter, Lew, Crazy Harry, Sweetums.

Just a stab in the dark, but if the line stopped at just those characters, I'd still feel good about it.

j3h

Reaction score
Diamond Select Toys has sent along a press release. They announce that they will be at C2E2 in Chicago, There they will be debuting a new booth and new items. At the show, they will have a panel showcasing new Minimates including:

• Ant-Man Movie
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • The Walking Dead
  • Gotham TV Series
  • Aliens
  • The Muppets
  • Comic Book Men
  • Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
  • Dragon Age
  • And More
Read on to see the full press release. C2E2 takes place April 24 – 26 in Chicago.

Diamond Select Toys Heads to Chicago with New Reveals and a New Booth!

From April 24th to the 26th, Chicago will once more play host to one of the fastest-growing pop-culture conventions in America, the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, also known as C2E2! Since the show’s debut, Diamond Select Toys has made the annual trek from their headquarters in Maryland to the Windy City, to show off their newest products, talk to their fans, and sample the local cuisine, and 2015 will bring DST to C2E2 yet again!

This year, DST will be setting up a brand-new booth at the show, in location #817, with new display cases and product walls, to better show off many of their upcoming items as well as currently available products! Free posters of Sin City, Ghostbusters and Marvel Minimates will be given out throughout the weekend, so be sure to check back regularly.

DST will also host a panel, on Friday, April 24, from 4:15-5:15 PM in room S402, entirely focused on the Minimates mini-figure line! Marketing Supervisor Zach Oat and prototype painter Jeff Stephens will reveal new series and upcoming assortments based on Marvel comics, movies and animation, including the Ant-Man movie and Avengers: Age of Ultron, as well as The Walking Dead, Gotham, Aliens, The Muppets, Comic Book Men, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Dragon Age and more! Check out new artwork, sit in on a Q&A session and stick around for a Minimates prize drawing at the end of the panel!

If you can’t make it to the panel, or want to ask about our many non-Minimates items, come by Booth 817 and ask one of the DST staff members on hand!

j3h

Reaction score
More from the Fwoosh

Re: Muppets (Palisades/DST)
by MSWord on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:00 pm

MSWord wrote:We'll release a few two-packs at a time. So I believe 24 characters have been planned.

MaxGoof wrote:Any chance for characters that Palisades didn't get to (Walter, Sal and so forth), or are all the characters Palisades didn't do considered too small-time?

MSWord wrote:Actually, I think our first series has one character Palisades never made. An important one, I think!

Can't speak to Sal, but each two-pack will have at least one major character in it, so I suppose if the line goes on long enough, we could see a Sal. Walter seems more likely, given his starring role in the recent films, but you'd have to Ask DST. http://www.artasylum.com

I mean, I'd love to see a Digit, but I don't know if that would happen for a while, if ever. And I'd rather see Animal Hospital before Sal, personally.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hummmm..."an important one Palisades never made"...

Mahna Mahna?
Nigel?
Thog?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
My guess is there talking about Walter,Constantine or if we are lucky Bobo.