Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Got my figures today and they are amazing! A little smaller then I expected especially Bean and Robin lol! But overall really good. Love that we can finally have Kermit set up on the log with the banjo like Rainbow Connection!

muppetperson

Reaction score
These action figures are driving me :crazy:. I have them in a small display box, and everytime I go to move them, they fall over!! Even if one falls, it has a domino effect. Why O Why couldn't they come with Display bases like the minimates and Palisades ? I guess I am have to drill holes in their feet and buy bases.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I seen some reviews on these guys on You-tube, seems like everyone forgot about Gonzo's poster.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
SO received my set of these today. So I may have been really unlucky but all of my figures bar Kermit and Gonzo suffer from some really poor paint apps. Fozzie has orange showing on the nose, there is a black paint dot under the eye, his left eye pupil is flowing into the white, Scooter seems to be missing all the paint on the top of his mouth and the neck colour is leaked onto the t shirt. Beans nose seems to be half painted whilst Robins white eye colour leaks over his face. All fixable but I do not really think I should have to touch up a figure myself. That's the BAD out of the way.
The GREAT - Everything else! These appear to be more screen accurate than I thought. They also have texture to the body that was not really apparent in the pictures I saw. They do look really great together. The articulation is amazing and the accessories are really neat too. I really really love the size of these as it means I can fit a lot lot more on my shelf.
Definitely a line worth investing in but I do think that they perhaps need to QC the paint apps a little better.
Cheers

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
To answer your question about Sesame Street. Palisades simply ran out of steam. Everyone wanted to release the Sesame figures. It just wasn't feasible. There's not as huge of a market for this as fans believe. Toys are a tough business!! And collectors, while wonderful, can also be fickle. I'm both a designer and collector and I certainly am. Ha! Maybe one day someone will do Sesame. It'll take a brave person and company to spearhead that and there a very few people who'd try.
Yeah, and I also heard it was too tough of a market between too sophisticated of a kid's toy and too childish for adult collectors (that I don't believe though since everyone loves the Muppets), so they really didn't know where or what stores it would belong.

I would've just loved to have seen what the character selection for that line would've been; how deep and obscure they would've gone, like just if Ken said "we would've done this figure", "not this one", "wave 3 would've been", etc. I feel like there's more worthy SS characters than Muppet.

Getting back to the "Toony" comment, I don't think that is what the person meant. I think the person meant that the prototypes looked Toony because they appeared to have no texture on their skin (other than the main fur textures) so a case of what they finally looked like, rather from where they were sourced from??
I am pretty sure I'm the person, lol, and yes, that's not what I meant; all I said is they reminded me of this:

muppetperson

Reaction score
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-041316a.htm, This is the review I been waiting for.
Gee, those figures must have been the worst ones to have based a review on. They look shoddy when they have been taken at extreme close up showing mold joins and bad painting. The ones I have, I cant notice any mold lines and the painting is very good. As christianpyro mentioned, the painting apps vary greatly, so you can find better paint jobs if you look.