Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
They look great! The packaging is bigger than I expected, and the figures smaller. I am not opening them yet (I told myself I would not open until I reached a personal goal, so they are my reward for myself), so I don't have much more detail than that yet. I will probably open them next week!

muppetperson

Reaction score
They look great! The packaging is bigger than I expected, and the figures smaller. I am not opening them yet (I told myself I would not open until I reached a personal goal, so they are my reward for myself), so I don't have much more detail than that yet. I will probably open them next week!
Kermit's pupils still dilated?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I reached 1/3 of my goal, so I was able to opening one of the figures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDaxI63HlkX/

They seem so tiny since I'm used to Palisades, but as a kid this is the size figure I would have always wanted, so I'm really happy with them. The sculpts are really nice. Camilla in particular is flawless. The paint quality seems a little rough in some places (eyes), but that is what I would expect from this size figure, so not a real complaint as much of an observation. I do find it puzzling that the horn is as tall as Gonzo - it reminds me of something that could be used in Muppet Vision 3D as a cheap 3-December trick to really get in turn face haha.

Overall, I am very happy about this pair, and am off to do more writing so I can open Kermit or Fozzie soon.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I reached 1/3 of my goal, so I was able to opening one of the figures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDaxI63HlkX/

They seem so tiny since I'm used to Palisades, but as a kid this is the size figure I would have always wanted, so I'm really happy with them. The sculpts are really nice. Camilla in particular is flawless. The paint quality seems a little rough in some places (eyes), but that is what I would expect from this size figure, so not a real complaint as much of an observation. I do find it puzzling that the horn is as tall as Gonzo - it reminds me of something that could be used in Muppet Vision 3D as a cheap 3-December trick to really get in turn face haha.

Overall, I am very happy about this pair, and am off to do more writing so I can open Kermit or Fozzie soon.
Hmmm. It looks like some of the initial paint apps were truncated in production. There was some nice subtle shading on his nose and a lot of detail in her mouth. Probably a size issue. I do really like how small these guys are. Can't wait to get mine.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
it reminds me of something that could be used in Muppet Vision 3D as a cheap 3-December trick to really get in turn face haha.
By the way, a "3-December trick to really get in turn face" is a product of autotext haha. Hopefully everyone gets the general idea that the figures are great. :cluck::concern:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I really don't know what happened to the pupils. They're okay, but they do look a little too large and puffy. These are the specs they likely have. It's probably a factory issue. Such issues happened with Palisades too.
Remember Tux Fozzie's pupils? Eugh. I worked very hard on that Fozzie as every sculptor at Palisades and the factory dropped the ball. I did some of my best work on that Fozzie and he turned out as one of the weaker figures. It happens.

Good thing that the issues here seem to be minor. I can't wait to get these in my hands to look them over. From what I've seen, some subtlety was truncated between the samples and the final pieces, but that's to be expected. I'm generally very pleased.

As an added note that's directed toward fans in general (and not necessarily here), there are a lot of folk who have been unduly harsh pertaining to this particular product. They'll sing the praises of many substandard Muppet products, but turn into absolute monsters (not the fuzzy muppet kind) when the figure talk starts. There's either some chip on the shoulder of these joyless, disaffected folk or some unattainable arbitrary standard. I don't know what to say other than to point it out. People were generally terrible about Palisades back in the day. People forget that, but I worked very hard on that product and took things pretty personally. It's been over a decade since that line ended and I've matured a lot as a professional so that doesn't happen quite as much anymore. However, I am not above pointing out this phenomenon. I just won't name names. :wink:

I will say this. Most everyone who works on these sorts of projects do so out of great passion for the Muppets. They're not quite as big business as we'd like to believe. I'm a huge fan of Tough Pigs' ugly toy pageant and I certainly don't think anyone should rave about something they don't appreciate, but unless something is truly awful - the hyper-critical folk are actually doing more harm to the Muppet brand than any particular product. Just a thought from someone who's done legit work for the Muppet brand on and off for the past 15 years. :smile:

Just had to get that off my chest.
Peace :jim:

Last edited: