Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

muppetperson

Reaction score
But they were so spot on as well. These are more like cartoon versions of the Muppets; the textures of the Palisades figures were even like the foam they used on the actual puppets.
They were detailed but I wouldn't say spot on. For example, Zoot and Miss piggy were too thin, and they seemed to loose the plot on Kermit's eyes as they made different variations. Compare Adventure Kermit to Series 1 Kermit.
But don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.Just pointing things out. Not sure on the texture of Diamond's figures as I cant see them close up yet.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I've worked on quite a few action figures over the years, particularly with Palisades, and I gained much insight into how all of this works from art direction and concept design to prototypes and factory production. I've tried to add a little bit of informed perspective to the misconceptions here and there, but that hasn't seemed to help so I'm choosing to see the funny side in all of this. I've been around forums long enough to know that's how things work. I'm just excited to see people talking about a new line of Muppet figures that will exist very soon! I'll also just say this. Diamond Select has the magnificent artists at Gentle Giant working on these, so I expect good things. :wink:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
They were detailed but I wouldn't say spot on. For example, Zoot and Miss piggy were too thin, and they seemed to loose the plot on Kermit's eyes as they made different variations. Compare Adventure Kermit to Series 1 Kermit.
But don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.Just pointing things out. Not sure on the texture of Diamond's figures as I cant see them close up yet.
Yes, you are right. Piggy is a good example of a character who was done wrong. The long-haired one is a whole lot more acceptable. I thought they did a good job on Zoot, but Janice was too tall and thin.

They kind of remind me a bit of the Little Muppet Monsters cartoon.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yes, you are right. Piggy is a good example of a character who was done wrong. The long-haired one is a whole lot more acceptable. I thought they did a good job on Zoot, but Janice was too tall and thin.

They kind of remind me a bit of the Little Muppet Monsters cartoon.
I'm just going to have to stop reading all this stuff. :sympathy:
I'll get all the legit news and perspectives from informed sources I trust. :attitude:
I'll close with this, I have it on good authority that there's nothing cartoony about the research that went into these. :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm just going to have to stop reading all this stuff. :sympathy:
I'll get all the legit news and perspectives from informed sources I trust. :attitude:
I'll close with this, I have it on good authority that there's nothing cartoony about the research that went into these. :embarrassed:
Sounds a bit harsh, Jamie. I can see the "cartoony" reference in that they don't have material texture, which makes them look drawn. These are fan perspectives/opinions of the product, not news, so don't know why you are getting upset. Some things I mightn't agree with Blue Frackle, but I do read and respect his opinions.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Sounds a bit harsh, Jamie. I can see the "cartoony" reference in that they don't have material texture, which makes them look drawn. These are fan perspectives/opinions of the product, not news, so don't know why you are getting upset. Some things I mightn't agree with Blue Frackle, but I do read and respect his opinions.
My post wasn't pointed at anyone in particular. That's another wild assumption. I generally like the folk here and I appreciate even the weird comments. The point is that the more I read about this particular product, the less informed I feel in general. As has been mentioned before, the texture in Palisades' early prototypes was obscured by the thick paint apps and that is very likely the case with these. We'll have to wait and see what the case is here, but reporting information that isn't likely correct doesn't really advance meaningful conversation. You're right in that forums are a place of wild speculation. Feel free to do all of that, I'd rather follow the real deal when it comes to things like this. The bit I've seen so far is impressive.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As for the pricing, it's weird to me that Palisades Muppets retailed as much as $12.99, I usually bought the individual figures at $9.99 before getting heavily invested as a full-on collector when I would buy the whole set at once.

As far as DST's line I agree with Jamie, and that's because I know he put in the work on the original Palisades figure line, and along with matleo and Ken, he's one of the people I trust when it comes to insider information regarding these action figures.
*Leaves some number 5 cookies for jvcarroll. :insatiable:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
As for the pricing, it's weird to me that Palisades Muppets retailed as much as $12.99, I usually bought the individual figures at $9.99 before getting heavily invested as a full-on collector when I would buy the whole set at once.

As far as DST's line I agree with Jamie, and that's because I know he put in the work on the original Palisades figure line, and along with matleo and Ken, he's one of the people I trust when it comes to insider information regarding these action figures.
*Leaves some number 5 cookies for jvcarroll. :insatiable:
Aw, thanks. :wink:

I believe the Palisades pricing began as low as $7.99 where some series one characters were sold and then increased from there. Some places marked them up beyond even $12.99. Brick and mortar stores have it rough.