1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Designing Muppet World

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Oct 1, 2006.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Disney has a land and a world, Looney Tunes has Six Flags, and even Spielberg partnered with Universal Studios! But, the poor Muppets--not their own theme park!!

MrsWembley suggested a game where posters design

MUPPET WORLD!

Games, restaurants, hotels, features, stores, and more.

Don't post more than one idea per day, and don't post anything too similar to someone else's idea. There's NO BUDGET (when gaming) so go nuts and design the perfect Muppet World Theme Park.

Be very descriptive so, when folks read your ideas, they can envision it in their heads.
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Rowlf the Dog's Piano Bar and Lounge.

I suppose that's sort of an obvious one, but I just wanted to be the first to suggest it. ;)

Rowlf could be playing at the piano while the crowds relax, maybe have a drink, a nice meal, and enjoy the finest little dities that ol' brown ears can think of.

I'm picturing couches, maybe a small stage... sort of like a jazz cafe, but more classy. Curtains hanging everywhere (partially because we couldn't afford to finish the walls), Johnny Fiama and Sal could run the bar, and every now and again, Johnny could join Rowlf for a number.
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

(For the record, I LOVE this idea!!)

Miss Piggy's Fashion Boutique

Come enjoy a lavish stroll through the fashion collection of the world's most famous pig diva. Browse through the endless aisles of glamour and glitz admiring the many outfits worn by the fantastic Miss Piggy over her glorious years in show business. (MISS PIGGY DOES NOT AND WILL NOT SELL ANY CLOTHING INSIDE MISS PIGGY'S FASHION BOUTIQUE AND CANNOT CONDONE ANY THING MAIMED, DEVOURED OR SEVERLY INJURED IN ANY WAY INSIDE MISS PIGGY'S FASHION BOUTIQUE. IN OTHER WORDS, KARATE CHOPS TO THE CHEST ARE LEGAL.)
  4. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

HEY!!! Thanks Fozzie for picking my game.

BTW, great ideas Scooter and prawncracker!

Actually, I’ve been thinking about how great it would be to have a Muppet World for quite a few years. My main idea has centered around a FRAGGLE ROCK UNIVERSE for people to explore, where you are the same size as a fraggle!

People would wait in line in Doc’s workshop but everything would be really big like it would appear to a fraggle. A gigantic desk, waste basket with a postcard from Traveling Matt sticking out, and a huge model of Sprocket laying in his doggie bed. There could also be a person in an Traveling Matt costume walking around and tripping over things while people wait to enter the Fraggle hole.

Small groups of people would enter the Fraggle hole at a time. The caves would closely resemble that of Fraggle Rock including the pipes when you first enter the rock.

There would be many different areas of the rock to explore.
    (Note: There could also be small holes along cave walls of the rock where puppeteers could stick out their hands with Fraggle puppets to interact with people)

One direction of the cave could lead to the CRYSTAL CAVERN with tons of crystals shining and sparkling all around you. There would be small holes in the walls of the rock where puppeteers could stick their hands out with ROCK CLINGER puppets surrounding the area that could interact with people by pretending to lick them or rub against their shoulders, for instance.

Another direction of the cave leads you to BOOBER ROCK where plants let off smoke (like from a fog maker) and the roots of these plants would actually move and grow.

Another cave direction would lead you to the SINGING CAVE where you can touch parts of the cave and it would light up in different colors and make different musical notes to make music. Further down the same cave would lead to a large cavern where animatronic Mistrels are playing music and flowers puppets start blooming all around the cavern.

Of course, then come the doozers. While traveling down a different tunnel, you look up and see animatronic doozers working on their doozer constructions as you walk along until coming to the doozer cavern where you see the doozers contructing each step as to how doozer constructions are made.

Further down the tunnel would be Gobo and Wemley’s room. You would not be able to enter the room but look inside through the holes where Gobo and Wembley’s beds are - inside there would be an animatronic Gobo playing the guitar and an animatronic Wembley dancing around and singing with Gobo.

You would then journey to Red and Mokey’s room. Again, you would not be able to enter the room but look inside through holes. An animatronic Red could be lifting weights or balancing something on her nose. An animatronic Mokey could be reading her book of poetry and flipping the pages. Her plant Lanford could also be in the background moving around.

Then comes Boober’s room. When you look inside, an animatronic Boober could be singing a song and doing laundry with bubbles everywhere!

Stay tuned for Part II tomorrow!

:smirk: :excited:
  5. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

There could be a Gonzo themed Roller Coaster, the cars would look like Gonzo and from outside the ride it would look like Gonzo's being shot out of a cannon, because you would be shot up instead of going up slowly. (If you've ever been to Universal Studios in Florida, it'd be just like the hulk ride). At some point in the ride there'd be that easy chair from Gonzo's stunt in The Muppets Take Manhattan, and from inside the ride, it'd look like you're about to here it, but it'd turn at the last minute, and take your picture. Throughout the whole ride you'd here Gonzo's voice in speakers in the back of your seats. (Like at Disney's California Adventure) At the end of the ride when you see your pictures, there'd be screens with Statler and Waldorf making fun of how scared you look in the pictures.
  6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it! Love it all! Brilliant!
  7. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

Thanks Scooter! I like the Gonzo roller coaster idea too. I'd go on it in a heart beat!

Well, here's Part II. I'll try and make it shorter. (LOL!)

After passing Boober’s room, you come to the center of the rock with animatronic fraggles everywhere! They are singing, swimming in the Fraggle Pond and one blowing the Fraggle Horn. All the other Fraggle characters would be there too, such as Convincing John, Marvin, Marlon, The World’s Oldest, etc. There would also be other characters from the show such as The Ditsies shining from above, the Lily Creature emerging from the Fraggle Pond, Mudbunny, Rock Beetles, Toe Ticklers, etc. The head of Junior Gorg could be sticking out of the well hole in the ceiling, like from the Capture the Moon episode.

The next cave tunnel leads you out into the Gorg’s garden with gigantic gorg models of Junior, Ma and Pa. The junior model would be watering the big radish garden with a light spray of water falling down on them.

You can venture inside the Gorg’s castle and see Gorg sized thrones, table, fire place, bathtub, Ma’s sewing basket, Ma’s china cabinet, Pa’s sword collection, etc.

After leaving the castle, venture to see the Trash Heap rise up and sing a song with Philo and Gunge, followed by a word of advice from Mama Trash!

Next to the trash heap would be another Fraggle hole leading to the last cave tunnel. The song “Magick Be With You” would be playing in the background while people in Fraggle suits (the main fraggles) would be waving goodbye as people exit the exhibit.

I hope more people come up with ideas. This is fun!
    I invite anyone to expand on my ideas too. :excited:
  8. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

There would also be a virtual reality ride, if you don't know what i'm talking about, it'd be like the Back to the Future Ride at Universal Studios, or if you live in Minnesota and have been to the Mall of America, it'd be like the Mystery Mine Ride, bascially you're in seats that move and there's a big screen, and your taken on an adventure as if you're in the movie, you see it from the first person point of view and your seats move with the ride

Anyway, the "adventure" would change every once and a while, some would include

Saving Big Bird from the Sleaze Brothers
    Escaping The Flying Monkeys
    Escaping Pirates on the Hispanola
    Dodging Doc Hopper
    Catching the Jewel Thieves at the Mallory Gallory
    Flying Through Time hanging on a Rope with the Ghost of Christmas Past
    Flying throu Space and meeting the Cosmic Fish
    Catching the thief who stole Piggy's Purse
    Going from Oscar's trash can to Grouchland

and many more
  9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Oooh! Oooh! For tours, there could be a little bus that goes around the park, and Scooter could be your tour guide! He could just be sitting at the front of the bus giving the tour.

Unless using animatronics, the tour couldn't be too long, though. That poor puppeteer's hand would fall off! :concern:
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

There could also be tour busses that resemble the Electric Mayhem Bus and The Happiness Hotel Bus.

Another idea would be a Muppet Labs Inside the Computer Ride. Basically, the audience gets inside a vehicle with five rows of seats, and animatronics of Bunsen and Beaker operate the vehicle. It moves, but you face a screen that shows computer graphics, including many abstract designs (perhaps similar to the type of drawings that Jim Henson would make).

There could also be a Pigs in Space ride. Animatronics of Link, Dr. Strangepork, and Miss Piggy would be in the controll panel, and the window would have pre-recorded footage so that the riders would see where the ship is going. There would be seats for the audience.
  11. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

A Dark Crystal-themed restaurant where you get to dine in with the (animatronic) Skeksis and witness their horrible table manners! Booyaka!! :zany:

The entire restaurant would be shaped like a forced-perspective version of the Castle of the Crystal (Dark Crystal version), replete with thunderstorm sound effects and lights made to look like electricity arcing through the ground (beneath fiberglass coverings, of course, so you can walk right across the cracked earth), just like the movie's opening scene. (Forced-perspective is something they use in theme parks to make a structure appear taller, by gradually making the structure smaller as it goes higher so that, when you're looking up at it, your sense of perspective is tricked into thinking it's taller.) Two animatronic Garthim with illuminated eyes would stand on either side of the entrance and occasionally look down and shake their claws like they're going to attack you.

Once inside, you'd walk down a long and twisty hallway with windows opening into animatronic dioramas that portray the movie in sequence (like Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland) with explanatory placard text from the movie's narration, up until right before the Skeksis' feast scene, at which point you would enter into the actual restaurant room.

The room would be a large replica (so as to seat more people) of the Skeksis' meal chamber, with the Skeksis themselves on a raised portion of the floor. The Skeksis would be animatronic, but the raised portion would be so that every half hour or so, patrons could watch a show that would involve several other Dark Crystal characters such as Aughra, Fizzgig, Jen, and Kira interacting with the Skeksis and each other. These other characters would be actual puppets or rather complicated animatronics, either of which would require a large space underneath to both operate and hide the fact that there's a big slot in the floor where the characters come up from. Also, the voice track would be pre-recorded no matter which method was used, preferably using the voice talents from the original film. There would be several shows in rotation, each acting out different scenes with different combinations of characters, so you would have a chance to see a different show each time you ate there.

However, when a show wouldn't be going on, the Skeksis would continually chomp and slurp and nibble at their meals and make occasional comments about the food, current events in the world of Thra, and even the guests, as if to suggest that the Skeksis have invited us to eat with them (and hopefully not drain our essence afterward).

The menu would have a mixture of classic foods and more exotic selections, both with themed names (can you imagine eating a Roast Nebrie Burger? or how about some Pod Village Soup?).

The exit would take you down another tunnel like the first, except with dioramas detailing the events of the movie after the feast scene up until Kira escapes from the Chamber of Life, at which point you pass through a replica of said Chamber, with little animatronic creatures scurrying around and an animatronic Aughra warning you to get out while you still can. After that, you pass through another short tunnel and end up walking by the balconies on the upper level of the Sacred Chamber and witnessing the climax of the movie. Then, finally, you walk through a final tunnel that looks more like the Castle of the Crystal (Pure Crystal version) and view a last diorama of the end of the movie before walking outside to see the half of the building that you couldn't see from the front, which is what the castle looks like at the end of the film. The scenery on this side has changed too, with lots of foliage.

Okay, I'm done. :)
  12. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

this might be confusing, but try to stay with me

Another Roller Coaster would be called "Beau's Wild Cab Ride", the cars would look like Cabs and the front car wouldn't be able to ride in, because there would be statues of Beau, Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo, you would speed around the track and there would be statues of other cars that you would speed up to and barley miss. and i forgot to mention, the station when you get into the ride would look like the Happiness Hotel, and when the ride ends you'd be speeding up to a wall that would collapse just before you get there making it look like you crashed through the wall. (and when you left the station a the beginning of the ride, it'd also look like you crashed through the wall, and everyone still waiting in line would here and see animatronics of Pops, Janice and the Swedish Chef saying "steering wheel suflay for dinner....again")

also, when we have more ideas, we should have someone draw out the park with all the rides, and attractions that have been mentioned
  13. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

The Landstrider:

A virtual reality ride where you climb aboard a life sized animatronic Landstrider to rescue Kira, who has been captured by the Skeksis and is being held captive in the castle.

You can control which direction the landstrider goes in by pulling the reins to the left and right. You can also control the speed of the landstrider by leaning forward to go faster and leaning backward to slow down. Music from the Dark Crystal will be played during the entire ride.

You first travel to the lush valley of the mystics and save the mystics from Garthim. The wisest of the mystics then instructs you which way to go to find Aughra. However, you must go quickly because there are Garthim trying to catch you before you reach your next destination.

Once you reach Aughra's observatory, Aughra will tell you which direction to must travel to find the river, where Fizzgig is waiting for you to arrive. By this time, the Garthim have reached the observatory and is tearing the place apart. You must quickly leave before the entire observatory collapses.

Once you reach the river, you must dodge dozens of Crystal Bats flying at you in order to find Fizzgig. Once you have chased the crystal bats away, Fizzgig comes rolling out from a rock he was hiding under on the side of the river bank. You then follow Fizzgig to Podling Village. (Fizzgig does his famous cry when you must leave him to travel the rest of the dangerous journey.)

You are greeted by numerous Podlings dancing around and singing. Of course, the Garthim come charging in the village and destroying everything in sight. Ydra (Kira’s adoptive podling mother) quickly points the way you must travel to find the ruins of the old Gelfling City.

When you reach the city, you look at one of the old Gelfling drawings that depicts a map, which tells you which way to the castle. You must then try to escape Chamberlain, who is trying to stop you from going any further.

You ride quickly until you reach the Teeth of the Skreesh. Beside it is a large opening to a tunnel that leads into the castle.

You arrive just in time to stop the Skeksis from draining Kira's life essence. You then watch Kira throw the crystal shard to Jen, who is sitting on top of the dark crystal. You then watch Jen heal the crystal and the reuniting the Mystics and Skeksis into their urSkek incarnations.

:D
  14. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

A Kiddie ride called "Upside Down World"

it would be one of those generic plane rides for kids, where they go around a circle and go up and down, and at the top of the ride there would be a statue of Bert and Ernie in the plane from Follow That Bird, and music from the movie would play.
  15. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

Sounds awesome, MrsWembley! I'm sure every Dark Crystal fan has dreamt of riding a Landstrider. I know I have.

And little Fizzgig! Too cute! :flirt:

Not...that I'm obsessed or anything... :o
  16. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

OK, here's another ride based on The Great Muppet Caper

there'd be one of those, skyride tour rides, that take you across the park, it'd look like a parachute, and there'd be big statues of the muppets hanging from them, looking like the muppets are parachuting across the park, the compartment that you'd be in would be ontop of the muppet's head, and below the parachute.

the different character's they'd have would me, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Animal, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Statler, Waldorf, Pops, Lew Zealand, The Swedish Chef, Bunsen, Beaker, Beauregard, Rizzo and the Rats, and Sam the Eagle
  17. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

Thanks Giar! I really liked yours too. So, what does the Pod Village soup taste like?

Hey Gonzo! The Upside Down World ride is my favorite but all of them are great ideas.

I'm trying to come up with something with a Labyrinth theme.

Question, what state do you think Muppet World should be located? :confused:
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Here's one I just thought of. A kid place to play.

Oscar's Trashcan

You get to go into Oscar's trashcan house. You go through the top of the trashcan by going through the trashcan lid at the top. You can see your kid through a see through glass that has platic balls of all sorts of colors (but most of the will be green, brown and grey) There's a place that the kids can jump into which says "Oscar's Swimming Pool." Others are his china cabnit. You see Fluffy and Slimley and other pets.
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

How about a Muppet Boarding House, made to look like the one from Mupepts From Space. Visitors can come in and walk around the house and see the bedrooms of the other Muppets. The TV in the living room can play nonstop Henson programming.
  20. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

Pod Village Soup would probably taste like potatoes. Kudos if you get the reference! (And if you don't, go watch the Dark Crystal making-of-umentary.) :zany:

As for the state...Mississippi...for obvious reasons. (Besides, they just do not have enough theme parks there.)

A TV with nonstop Henson programming?! Well, you know where I'll be. *walks off in a zombie-like state to TV in question*