Denny's Celebrates the Muppet Show Anniversary

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a vegan. I have a corn allergy (which is in everything) and I'm kind of considered health nut by my friends. I'm was a vegetarian, but now I have fish, protein from gelatin and will start even eating chicken soon, but that's it. That is considered being a California vegetarian.

It's not just the food, it's how it's prepared and most restaurants prepare foods to be what they consider high taste - which means high fat, high cal etc. Dennys is just a good example. I'm pretty strict though. I really feel that there is no reason I should ever eat a pancake again so many people consider me weird. LOL! I just want to be healthy and on this planet for a long time so I have learned to be careful about what I eat for the last few years. It really effects mood and that effects the rest of my day and life etc. It's amazing how much so.

That's why it kind of upsets me to see the Muppets lend their name and image to a company that has likely contributed to an unhealthy public - especially when compared to the rest of the world. That and Dennys has a way of showcasing has-beens in their commercials and that may reflect negatively on the Muppets. It is good seeing them making the rounds again and maybe it will make America aware of them again. I just hope I don't have to eat a pancake or a dry iceberg lettuce salad to get some Muppet stuff.:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
YES!!!!!

Oh wow, thanx for posting that news phil! Oh man, I can feel it already, this summer is shaping up to be muppet-rific...and I was still blue about pepe being cancelled from ljs...WOW!
Imagine seeing Statler and Waldorf on widely aired commericals?
My goodness, this is too cool...and folks, you know what this means...Denny's tie in merchandise!!!

///beaker///

*who can just imagine what other muppet goodness is int he pipeline!*

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes! Denny's did have some nice All Dogs Go To Heaven "Charile and Itchy" chirstmas dolls back in 1999. (when the christmas specail came out)

Zack)Rowlf the, also an All Dogs Fan, and why not?!? Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I liked the first All Dogs movie (not the other ones much though). It was an imaginative film.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie

Oh hi Jamie, thanks!

Yeah nothing can beat the first, it's just that Dom Deluse kept it going for me, Itchy's the best! Charile has three voice and of course i like Burt Renlonds the best;-)

Charile Sheen didn't work for me(2nd movie)Steve Webber(tv series and christmas video) I grew on because ot was in the series, and you get to know him better but it was just a much younger,un-wise, and silly Charile Barkin Dog, nothing beats burt!.

Zack)Rowlf the,I don't even know if you know what i'm talking abotu anymore.... Dog.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
You know, somebody should invent the Under 10 Word Press Release, because I still have not read more that 10 words of this press release (either that or it can rhyme and be a Dr. Seuss-like Press Release. With pictures! Lots and lots of pictures).

All that I've gathered so far is that the Muppets and Denny's are doing something.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dennys will feature Muppets in their national commercials beginning today.

(Exactly 10 words)

If you would like to know more - Kermit, Miss Piggy, Statler and Waldorf are scheduled to appear. The Grand Slam and the Muppet Show are both celebrating their 25th aniversary.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Frogboy

lol, thank you.

See, that wasn't so hard, now was it?

Whenever there's a press release, I'll be sure to call on you...

:big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't like the long press releases either. If it's more that a paragraph I skim through it.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I kinda do that. However, I have the amazing talent to find the least important information.

So I usually just read people's responses. If something's talked about quite a bit, then it must be important.

Or I complain about the length of the press release...

:smile: