Debate: Is Gonzo an Alien?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I hate to answer a post with another post.. (choke..cough..maynard hack..), but this is driving me crazy.

Who here thinks that Gonzo is an alien? And who among you think that that was a cheap answer, forcing them to believe he's still a whatever? And who here thinks that, because he started out as a Frackle, he is in actuality, a Frackle?

Personally, I admit, I accept him as an alien. Firstly, I always suspected it. Secondly, I havbe heard of people who thought Gonzo was an Alien long before MFS, even long before MCC. I read a letter in a Muppet Babies comic book, and one of the readers felt that he was an alien.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I keep hoping that the new Xmas movie will open up with Gonzo waking from a dream in which he had "discovered that I was truly an alien from another planet! It was weird... even by *my* standards!"

Salmoto

Reaction score
I'm accepting of the fact Gonzo is an alien...it doesn't resolve the "What is Gonzo" enigma as well as some people think.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! I pretty much think that it was a quick fix. However, I felt that the song "I'm going to go back there someday" was a clue, if anything that he came from some unknown origin. And since X-Files was so hot, it seemed only the most popular solution.

But I still bel;eive he's an alien.

In case you want to know, my list of what he'd be from best to worst would be: Alien, Frackle, Whatever, and Turkey.

Of course, these are only some of the theories on this board.

I can remember a Muppet Babies book in which Gonzo was questioning what he was as well. They went on this long and strange journey to find out he was... Gonzo. It makes more sense if you'dve read it...

Struble

Reaction score
I had always thought that Gonzo was an alien, myself. Ever since I was a wee youngin. But who is to say that his entire race of aliens aren't Whatevers? Huh? Riddle me that, Batman!

Sh.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I think he is an Alien,it makes sense I mean look at him.he cant be a Turkey,a whatever doesnt exist,and Frackles are gone.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Here's one right out of left park: The alien leader from MFS I hear sounds a bit like Scred. Perhaps this leader is a descendant of Scred sent to rule over a planet of his own species, therefore Gonzo's heritage originated on the planet Gorch.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
according to the MFS novel, Gnzo's homeplanet is called Goznog.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
You know, I agree with a lot of you in the sense that when I was younger I always thought of him as an alien.

But now I don't think's important...Gonzo never should have been defined as being _anything_. Part of what makes Gonzo Gonzo is the fact that no one knows what he is and neither does he. It's a great running gag.

my two cents.