Dearth/Alex's Customs and Dioramas v2

Dearth

Reaction score
Holy cow! I had no idea that our director Jennifer had uploaded this clip months ago, but after I uploaded my clip (above), this one was an auto-recommended selection!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTs4vzuU32s

James wanted to audition as a walk-around Aladdin at the Disney Parks, so early one night before everyone else got there, we did an abbreviated version of the Genie's first scene just so he would have some footage in the costume to show them.

Considering we were doing this without Abu the monkey there, rewriting the lines on the fly, AND we skipped over the song, it still flows surprisingly well. At one point, I tried to ad lib a new joke that James had never heard, a veiled reference to the movie Gremlins, but he looked so surprised, it cracked me up instead!

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Bingo!

I've had this Godzilla toy for a while now. That buddy of mine who loves Dr. Who sold it to me for $5, but I never could find a Piggy head that was the right size. At first I thought maybe a doll/puppet with a plastic head... but they were all either way too small or way too big.

Then I got this Miss Piggy bobblehead, but it was broken in transit. I was honestly thinking about tossing it in the garbage. But I think it might just be the perfect head for this project. The inset pic is a digital mockup... it shows me how much work I'll have to do to blend the thick neck of Gojira into the smaller neck hole of Piggy, but I think it's workable.

I put a First Mate Piggy in there for scale; this Swinosaurus should tower over my Alan Grant Kermit and Ian Malcolm Gonzo.

And I got the rest of my Aladdin stuff uploaded to YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOIsVuOf0CU

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
it looks awesome!!! would that friend happen to go by the online name of judon master?

Muppetaz

Reaction score
no luck at pixar planet, theyre fourm doesnt allow selling things to other members. is there anyone else here who could make the customs?

Dearth

Reaction score
Finally got some more work done on the Swine-a-saurus (or Hogzilla, as someone once termed her)...

Looks pretty good, eh?

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Okay, that was a joke.

I managed to attach the bobblehead Piggy's noggin to a length of PVC pipe, which is then embedded into the Gojira body cavity.

This allows her to nod up and down just slightly, plus pivot left and right, which gives her a decent range of motion. I still want to paint her and add some little character detailing.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
I also got my Shadowrun Street Deacon Vigilante figure in the mail.

He's got a LOT of potential as a Snake Walker custom. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that if you remove his chest armor, underneath are sculpted a pair of crossed bandoliers over his chest, very like what Snake has.

He's a tad too short to be an effective threat to a Palisades Kermit... but to an old Fisher-Price Kermit, he's just about perfect!

The Abraham Smollett Kermit was easier to grab for a height analysis than a Series One Kermit, so I just went with what I had. Then I realized that one of "Snake's" other accessories was a sword, so this next pic was a fun throwaway gag...

Kermit doesn't really believe in violence as a solution, so I made sure that his blade is parrying an attack by Snake.

I plan to modify several details on this Street Deacon figure before I can truly call him Snake Walker, but he's already about 75% there, straight out of the package.

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
the swineasaurs looks great! maybe you could cut out a pice of wood and paint kermit on it as a movie prop for snake.

Dearth

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same thought... too bad I can't find a figure that looks like Max in that scene, to hold the Kermit cutout!