Dealing with depression and anxiety

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------
When I'm having a crappy day and say so on Twitter, a text message pops up on my phone minutes later from dis mook. *hugs* You rock, Charlie.

Yeah, life pretty much sucks. We all have to figure out how to make it suck less personally. But seeing you pop up asking if I'm doing ok always makes me feel less miserable! You should whine online more often. Then I'll know YOU need extra chocolate. :smile:
------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You ever have one of those days where you want to crawl in a hole and hide away for a long time? I want to burrow away and not do anything. I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for over two years now, and I know that compared to some people, that's not a long time, but I'm tired of this. I've been trying my hardest, taking medication, going to therapy, working on my thoughts, but it's so hard. It's not fair, and I know I sound like a whiner here, but I have to say it somewhere.
Hang in there, you're very brave to make the effort to get treatment, far too many people suffer in silence.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not doing well today. Too many negative people in my life that I can't immediately get rid of. And it's all too easy for me to put all the blame on myself.

I'm going to be volunteering at an animal shelter today so perhaps that will perk things up a bit.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
About a week or so ago, I was in a bad mood pretty much all week because I as having so much trouble finding a job working as a vet tech or any job involving animals. I'm doing a lot better now, but finding a job is still a struggle. I've got a couple interviews coming up, one at an animal hospital and another at an animal care center.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Not doing well today. Too many negative people in my life that I can't immediately get rid of. And it's all too easy for me to put all the blame on myself.

I'm going to be volunteering at an animal shelter today so perhaps that will perk things up a bit.
I hope you're feeling better now that you've volunteered.

DrDientes

Reaction score
I'm having an anxiety attack right now. My mom just yelled at me "Get over it!". She doesn't understand. Can I have a hug?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
It really can be a tough thing to deal with stress and anxiety. Right now, I'm going through a phase where whatever I do is make or break. I've got to consider my future now and if it starts to go wrong, I just lose all confidence in my life. This is where I stop, breathe, take a walk and reflect on the good and strong aspects of my life.

This is why the Muppets are so important to me. They give me that stress release I need to unwind and they make me happy. I can't praise Jim Henson enough for giving me the strength I didn't even know I had.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm having an anxiety attack right now. My mom just yelled at me "Get over it!". She doesn't understand. Can I have a hug?
*hugs*

I'm sorry you're having an anxiety attack. "Get over it" is not good comforting advice to hear, but hopefully you're feeling better now.