Dead Dorothy

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Just a curious idea...

What happens when Dorothy on Elmo's World dies? Do they have a whole tank full of goldfish that all look identical and they catch a random fish for each episode? Or has Dorothy lived a somewhat immortal fish life by living in a bowl all these years?

I can just imagine myself asking one of the cast members what happens

"Excuse me, what happens when Dorothy suddenly decides to take a nap at the top of her bowl?"

And if there were any children present they might start crying.

Morbid thoughts are delightful.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
actuly, me and my siblings have wonderd the same thing... LOL, such morbid thoughts, they must to through ALOT, and no, sometimes dorty gains and looses weight and size, her diet is just never right..... AHAHAHAHA!!!! :crazy: *thinks of all the little dead mutant fishies in the sewer under the SS workshop..... just waiting to pop out of the toilet.... * (see when I was little, we had a fish tank, and it had one of those sucker fish, and one day it..... "died".... or we hope it was, cuz we flushed it, and like 3 hours later, there he was, sucking on the edge of the toilet.... trying to fight it.... i guess.... scared me ever since, LOL)

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Perhaps one day all of them will rebel and come out of the toliet attacking everything in sight.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Dorothy is a SUPER FISH, invulnerable to all the crap that Elmo puts in her bowl. Dorothy needs to join the Justice League of Sesame Street, along with Super Grover and Captain Vegetable and...uh...I don't know any more.

--Klonoa

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
There was once a Power Ranger's spoof on Sesame Street with Elmo, Telly, Zoe, and Rosita as superheroes.

salemfan

Reaction score
In 1997, there was a Sesame Street episode when Elmo would not laugh at Telly's joke because Elmo was sad-he went to say hello to his old fish Bubbles and she was dead. Then at the end of the episode, Telly surprises Elmo with a new goldfish which might have been Dorothy. Maybe Dorothy was a replacement for one of Elmo's dead fish.

salemfan

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to say-Maybe if a fish dies-they show something similar to when Mr. Hooper died.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I've often wondered about Dorothy dying too,because every goldfish I've ever owned doesn't last very long. Yeah,by the way,do you think all of those Dorothy's are flushed or buried? Always wondered that.Hmmm....Guess it's easier just to flush. :crazy:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
In Elmopalooza he had a goldfish named Giggles. I found out there was episode where Elmo was sad, and Baby Bear and Telly couldn't figure out why. AT the end he gets a new goldfish. I have no clue what season or episode that is, but I really want to see it now.