David Bowie uses JHCS puppets of himself

Rachael

Reaction score

Back in 1999, Bowie commissioned the Jim Henson Creature Shop to produce puppets of himself for a video for his song 'The Pretty Things Are Going To ****'. The puppets were made and the video filmed, but Bowie was unhappy with it so it never saw the light of day. Two of the puppets have now been used (to eerie effect) in Bowie's new music video for 'Love Is Lost' - I thought I'd share, since it's an interesting curio for any Labyrinth and Jim Henson Creature Shop fans.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Very interesting work... I feel as though I only had 13 hours to say that... :laugh:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I was wondering if those were the same puppets from that video that never got made. I remember asking Bowie himself during a Yahoo chat years ago the background story of those puppets, etc. and he said that actually a video HAD been filmed for "The Pretty Things Are Going to H***" but they scrapped it because at the time, the puppets weren't what he wanted or as he said "they didn't have that deep Eastern European feel" that he was going for.