Dave Pannabecker and Armslength Puppets

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Does anyone know if and when Armslength will resume selling puppets? As it is, they only sell the video how to's and scripts. The first professional puppet I bought was from them and it's still a fantastic puppet. But when I decided to go back and buy a second, they had a notice saying that they weren't selling any more puppets but to stay tuned.... I think that was about 2 years ago. Does anyone know any more? Thanks in advance.

Jinx

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath! I believe Mr. Pannabecker has taken on additional job responsibilities that keep him from being able to produce puppets, and the website has been in this state for quite some time now.

Have you built from his kits? I bought a kit and the videos about a year ago and built a great puppet from them. (You can see a step-by-step of the proces at:

http://home.mcn.net/~fantom/pages/puppets.html

I have since used his techniques combined with those of Gray Seal Puppets to create the new "Garth" puppet in my avatar.

If you are not into the idea of building your own you might float the idea of hiring someone here on the forum to build up one of his kits for you.

Good Luck!

pjspuppets

Reaction score
Rumors

I heard a rumor circulating at the One Way Street I-Fest in July that Pannabecker was selling his puppet patterns and copyrights to Puppet Productions. I can't substantiate that, but that's what I heard. Might look on their website and see what they've got.

Pat

DPuppets

Reaction score
I would think that would be a rumor. Dave has worked with Puppet Productions in the past, but just don't see them paying what it would take to do that. Could happen I guess but don't see it coming through. I will talk to Dave in the next few days and get the scoop. I don't think that Dave will bring them back out himself. He is busy going to school and working at his church.