Dave as figment

goshposh

Reaction score
I was at disneyworld last week and I went on the new Figment ride in epcot. I heard that Dave Goelz did the voice of Figment for the new ride but it didn't sound like a Dave voice. Did Disney use him or did they find some one else?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah...now that you bring that up, when I was there in Dec, I thought the same thing, but never got on the forum to ask! but I do LOVE journey into imagination!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
speaking of david

why did he never really get involed with SS or did he and i just dont know it i mean Jim Frank Richard and Jerry were all heavly involed in SS why wasnt David? He is such a taleted performer he could have esaly done both. and speaking of SS do you think Bill Bireta will get a muppet for SS he could really bring alot of energy to the show.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I heard someone say Dave Goelz performed on Sesame Street for a little while, but his time spent there was brief. It was right after Jim died, I believe.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Really do you know who he did. i have heard that it is differnt in so many ways then doing other muppet things caues it kind of fast paced but still i would more feel i would be getting the full benefet if i was working with both "classic" muppets and SS muppets. Thats kind of like Carol Spinny why he never really got any "classic muppets" but i think at the time that was all Jim really wantted him for. But with kevin he got 2 in one. Like Frank Oz kind of devoting his work to SS i think thats wonderfull to help with sch a wonderfull caues as kids education. which i still need today.

Fighbird

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere, that Jim never intended Dave to do any SS stuff - much like he didn't intend Caroll to do any TMS stuff... That's the way it was, and apparently that's still the way it is...

I don't think Bill would ever do stuff on SS. He was brilliant on Kermit's Swamp Years, but I have a feeling, that his humour is a bit too "grown-up" to do pre-school material... I dunno... I may be wrong. :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
It'd be funny to watch an attempt.....like a stifled Pepe......*laughs*

dwayne1115

Reaction score
humm neat consept Bill to adult for SS i like that. i really wish all the muppets would do a show or specal SS and Classic i miss thouse times cause i would love to see how Peppe would deal with Grover Oscar and Bert. I think that Pepe himself would be good for SS yet still he may be a liite to smart for SS. i Dont know i still say Bill would be good For SS and So would David.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
goshposh said:
I was at disneyworld last week and I went on the new Figment ride in epcot. I heard that Dave Goelz did the voice of Figment for the new ride but it didn't sound like a Dave voice. Did Disney use him or did they find some one else?
When recording the voice, Dave simply used his Gonzo voice. Then disney raised the pitch up to make it sound vaguely like Billy Barty. There is a thread around here somewhere with some slowed down sound clips of Figment, and i'll track it down.