Dark Crystal Spoof on Robot Chicken

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Fraggle one would only be funny to those who pitched it in some 3 am meeting after hours of writer's block. There are so many funny things they could do. Okay, the postcards were funny. :coy:
I really think the concept was strong, and there was potential for something really funny. It seems to me, rembering it... whoever wrote the skit must have had only a small basic understanding of the show. Everyone besides Doc, Sprocket, and Uncle Matt was out of character... the voices just weren't there, and I really didn't believe that it was Gobo, Wembley and the rest... more like generic Fraggles. If the script went through a couple more rewrites, preceding a FR episode marathon, they would have had something solid.

But enough Monday Morning Quarterbacking...

This one worked because it was EXACTLY what the annoyed Henson fan needed. These jokes NEEDED to be said, and there is no doubt an irate Henson fan wrote this skit. The fact that they'd have to sell the heck out to get this movie into theaters is our greatest fear (Poor Corey Edwards... he spent so much time on this forum and his blog saying that he's keeping true to the Fraggle movie to avoid that). I really think that a DC 2 would do wonders on the big screen... much better than all the CGI Hulks, Chipmunks, and Cloudy Meatballs in the world. And there's just too much keeping it down.

BTW, anyone with keen eye sight notice Series 2 Fozzie's Groucho glasses and the various fruits and veggies from other figures in the foreground?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I thought their Dark Cristal sketch was pretty well done. Mixing The Dark Crystal with a modern Hip-Hop flavor was not only a great juxtaposition; but the whole thing was pretty well done.

I thought the Fraggle Rock parody from a while back, was pretty good too. It was as much a parody of "Watership Down" as it was a Fraggle spoof. However, in my opinion, its short-coming was that it did not include many "geek moments" that only the real die-hard fans would pick-up on or get. The Dark Crystal/Cristal bit had a lot more details and references that us uber-fans could really appreciate.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
According to a commentary I watched for that episode, the Fraggle Rock sketch was done soley for the joke at the end (the fraggles getting shot through an oil pipeline).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I loved the Dark Crystal spoof, if for nothing else for Kira, :smile:, she's always been a personal crush of mine (what can I say sometimes I like really pale girls, lol).

I thought it was funny in a dark when though that those two I guess they were Henson producers, killed themselves. Well we failed you Jim. So messed up, :big_grin:.

But with that being said, I still feel the best Henson related parody is the beind the music of the Electric Mayhem.

rche

Reaction score
It was fairly smooth and well orchestrated, tho not much in my humor vein. I would, however, love to get my hands on one of them Mystic puppets. The props and background characters were awesome.

Fluffets

Reaction score
I loved the Dark Crystal spoof, if for nothing else for Kira, :smile:, she's always been a personal crush of mine (what can I say sometimes I like really pale girls, lol).

I thought it was funny in a dark when though that those two I guess they were Henson producers, killed themselves. Well we failed you Jim. So messed up, :big_grin:.

But with that being said, I still feel the best Henson related parody is the beind the music of the Electric Mayhem.
Yeah in my opinion the EM parody was the best but compared to this its a bit depressing, like animal getting put down, I think the best bit was with Dr Teeth teching the kid: "Holy sh*t, you made me wanna pee myself!" THAT was quality humour, the impressions on that were great too, especially on dr teeth, but what was up with rowlf with moving eyes?:big_grin:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
HYSTERICAL! My friend mentioned that she saw this and I've been meaning to find this. Love the ending! :scary:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh, wow. You know, I wouldn't put it past Hollywood to pull a stunt like this. I mean, look what they did to The Chipmunks.

Also, hmm, was this written by a bitter Henson fan, perhaps? :wink:

MarieIsabella

Reaction score
I think it was very funny, My favorite parts when the mystics sing. I really hope they don't really do a modern spin on it though! There are enough fantasy movies coming out right now that it will have no problem showing interest.

It is great to know others feel the same about this taking forever to be released, and even thought its sad at the end, it might be true, maybe it taking so long because they feel it isn't living up to the standards Jim Henson set in the film.

:scary: