Dark Crystal Spoof on Robot Chicken

SJohnson

Reaction score
Did anyone see the Dark Crystal Spoof on Robot Chicken? It's pretty funny.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... If you have an opinion on the Dark Crystal parody that aired on Robot Chicken, please post here. However, I'd like to remind everyone to be considerate and mindful of what each person ends up posting. Thanks and sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reopening this thread. Yes, that DC Robot Chicken clip has been the highlight of my morning. I think it honors Jim more than anything. The time spent making this, the understanding of the characters and the reverence for the source material demonstrates that. :scary:

Thanks SJohnson for posting about this! :super:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I personally thought it was hilarious, however, I remember what happened with the FR flame war. I'm certain the idea was to avoid a similar war where there are some who equate poking fun at anything with blasphemy.

At any rate, I found the entire vid based on that pun was highly amusing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I personally thought it was hilarious, however, I remember what happened with the FR flame war. I'm certain the idea was to avoid a similar war where there are some who equate poking fun at anything with blasphemy.
Oh yes... that guy has been banned, so there really wouldn't be too much of a problem with this sort of thing anymore.

Anyway, I never thought the FR one was blasphemous... just poorly written and executed. Except the part about Doc and Sprocket and Traveling Matt. Other than that, it was one of RC's big misses.

Now THIS one was pure gold. In fact, it would have been much funnier had it not been all too true. This showed that they did the research on everything out there. This was one of their best Muppet sketches... right up there with the Behind the Music: The Electric Mayhem.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Oh yes... that guy has been banned, so there really wouldn't be too much of a problem with this sort of thing anymore.
Considering a thread about a two-bit forgettable reality show, I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, yeah, I'll grant you the FR one was of less quality than this one. The only thing that I would have added was having Chamberlain wink at the camera and go MMMMMMMMMM while drinking. But that's just me. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering a thread about a two-bit forgettable reality show, I'm not entirely sure.
Well, I meant about Robot Chicken.... but that's enough of that.

Anyway, yeah, I'll grant you the FR one was of less quality than this one. The only thing that I would have added was having Chamberlain wink at the camera and go MMMMMMMMMM while drinking. But that's just me. :big_grin:
I really think I was just disappointed by how lame most of the jokes were on the FR one... I can take anything extremely dark if it's at least clever, like this one was. Now the EM one and the Big Bird flu ones were a total riot as well... I wanna see that Gordon Gecko SS one someone was talking about in the references thread.

But mark my words... the best RC skit ever is the Ted Turner Captain Planet one... hands down.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Fraggle one would only be funny to those who pitched it in some 3 am meeting after hours of writer's block. There are so many funny things they could do. Okay, the postcards were funny. :coy:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
It was funny. I was have awake the day it aired in the morning, once I heard Dark Crystal I was wide awake. lol. Now I'm thinking they need to do a spoof of Labyrith. But I digress. It was halrious.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Rats! I missed it! Anyone know when it'll re-air? (Just wondered so I can tape it).

Convincing John