Dark Crystal Collector's Edition DVD Box Set

Patty

Reaction score
Lucas is still not eligible for commentary, not any more than he was eligible for Lord of the Rings. Kurtz, on the other, certainly is,

If Henson Co. has forgotten about other related footage, perhaps you politely should remind them. Because I think a lot of Dark Crystal fans are going to wonder why they have to buy another DVD.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'd buy it bare-bones if it had the new restored print on it.

I'm happy with what I've got (it's leagues better than the VHS), but there are some blemishes and soft spots that would be nice to be rid of.

Habidabad

Reaction score
Patty said:
Lucas is still not eligible for commentary, not any more than he was eligible for Lord of the Rings. Kurtz, on the other, certainly is,

If Henson Co. has forgotten about other related footage, perhaps you politely should remind them. Because I think a lot of Dark Crystal fans are going to wonder why they have to buy another DVD.
If the release date is in November then it's probably too late to add anything to what's already been decided on. I'm sure that with everything going on with the company and the fact that the archives are in total shambles that not much effort is being put into the project. I heard from a reliable source that the Henson Co. probably isn't even breaking a sweat over this release. It breaks my heart!

:rolleyes: :cry:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Habidibad, I was looking on your site for the spot where I thought I'd read about the new print being premiered in France which was attended by the Frouds. Or am I confusing your site with another? Either way, I can't find that info anymore. Was that more than a year ago now?

Habidabad

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
Habidibad, I was looking on your site for the spot where I thought I'd read about the new print being premiered in France which was attended by the Frouds. Or am I confusing your site with another? Either way, I can't find that info anymore. Was that more than a year ago now?
I had it posted on my "News" page. I removed it when Carlotta Films removed the information from their site. I always remove old news after the official sites remove the info. Sorry about that! :embarrassed:

Patty

Reaction score
That's depressing.

I hope they use a clean print at the very least.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Habidabad said:
I had it posted on my "News" page. I removed it when Carlotta Films removed the information from their site. I always remove old news after the official sites remove the info. Sorry about that! :embarrassed:
Would it be possible to reprint that news blurb here? Thanks :smile:

Habidabad

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
Would it be possible to reprint that news blurb here? Thanks :smile:
Unfortunately, I don't have it archived. All it said was that the film was re-released in theaters in France and that it ran from Dec. 2002 through March 2003 and that Brian and Wendy Froud attended the premiere. They sent me a program and a booklet that were given out at the premiere, but they are all in French! :smirk:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Habidabad said:
Unfortunately, I don't have it archived. All it said was that the film was re-released in theaters in France and that it ran from Dec. 2002 through March 2003 and that Brian and Wendy Froud attended the premiere. They sent me a program and a booklet that were given out at the premiere, but they are all in French! :smirk:
If you could scan it, we could have it translated :smile:

Anyway, Dec 2002 helps. It's just painful to know that there's a cleaned up print of the film out there not being released to home video :smirk:

Habidabad

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
If you could scan it, we could have it translated :smile:

Anyway, Dec 2002 helps. It's just painful to know that there's a cleaned up print of the film out there not being released to home video :smirk:
I don't have a scanner yet, but my mom is giving me one in a week or two.

How do we know that it's a cleaned up print that's newer than the DVD or SuperBit versions? The re-release in France could have been pulled from one of those sources! :confused: