Danger Mouse and Powerpuff Girls both announced for comebacks

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So is it true they decided to not bring Miss Bellum back because she 'brought the wrong message' to the series or is this another one of tumblr's announcements thats trying to stir up drama?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, at least there weren't obvious MLP references with said unicorns. And there is hope for Donny to become another recurring ally of the girls. :smile:
However, the episode was brought to you by the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Collection.
So is it true they decided to not bring Miss Bellum back because she 'brought the wrong message' to the series or is this another one of tumblr's announcements thats trying to stir up drama?
If Miss Keane can become a grade school teacher in the unknown amount of years that passed, I'd say Bellum finally went mad having to take care of the Mayor all these years. Kinda like how they wrote off Brain in Gadget and the Gadgetinis. Though if it was because she sent the wrong message, what message was that? She was very much a strong woman figure. You'd have to be to put up with working for the Mayor and not trying to kill him. If they stylistically decided it was time for the character to move on, I'd see why they'd do it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, I'm guessing that the Man Up episode was the one the fanbase had problems with, to which I reply, Really? Really fanbase? I admit, I swear they did the "Hotheaded member of the team gets zen relaxation training to focus their powers" episode in the original series, but it's a nice touch they manage to have one here for the new audiences. I mean, TMNT fan here, I've seen that a few times before, often Raph, though Leo had his in the 2k3 series after he flipped his stuff. Good to see a Buttercup character episode after seeing that one about Bubbles believing in unicorns. Hope we have a Blossom episode at some point.

I actually liked this one. Manboy being a stab at the dumb faux-manly counter counter culture lumberjack fad. Seems like they meant to cast Nick Offerman as the role, but couldn't and got Maurice LaMarche. Side note, I'd actually love to see Pottymouth make a comeback in time. Hope Manboy gets another appearance, but expanding the character to do more.

Also, for the comic collector New IDW comic series based on the new series coming with the writers of this cartoon, too. Has to be better than that Crossover Crisis series that wasn't that good.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Looks like Miss Bellum did appear in this reboot after all, as last night's episode was about the Mayor having to do without her after she took a long-overdue paid vacation. It also showed off more of his hidden bad@$$ side with him coming to the girls' rescue and fighting off the Fashionista Gang.

Also loved how Bianca Bikini (who feels like an expy of Sedusa) called the girls' fashions "mid-'90s throwbacks". And the earlier joke about their stump hands. And how Bianca commented on how unflattering horizontal stripes are, making her the 2nd supervillain to do so. :smile:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I get the feeling these episodes are shown wildly out of order. Like they should have aired the episode about Miss Bellum's thousand day vacation first to explain why she's no longer in the show and the Mayor seeming a slight bit more competent and independent in subsequent episodes. But certainly the case with today's episode.

While I would try to overlook the fact Packrat comes out of nowhere, the description of tomorrow's episode almost seems to hint it's his introduction. But more over, their new manifest powers really seemed to come out of no where when they haven't been used or mentioned in any of the previous episodes. There's clearly an episode where these are introduced and explained, but it hasn't aired yet. It's not doing the show any favors if certain aspects all the sudden appear without explanation.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yesterday's episode does feel like a more proper introduction of Pack Rat considering the Narrator acted like he hadn't seen him before, though at least it's not too jarring as the PPGs don't react the same way.

And speaking of Pack Rat, his romantic attachment towards dolls seems like it could have a poignant twist later on down the road. If it could happen to Ice King, it could happen to him, as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And we had the episode where their new manifest powers suddenly appear. Yeah, I don't like the out of orderness of these airings. It's clear the writers want some sense of continuity. I really hope that future episodes that connect to make a story aren't aired that far out of whack.

Besides. Characters randomly appearing with the cast acting like they've always been there is Pig Goat Banana Cricket's job.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And we had the episode where their new manifest powers suddenly appear. Yeah, I don't like the out of orderness of these airings. It's clear the writers want some sense of continuity. I really hope that future episodes that connect to make a story aren't aired that far out of whack.
I hope that the episodes do get re-aired in their proper production order in the future, or at least ordered properly on a DVD/Blu-ray release. This never happened to the other shows on CN, especially Regular Show which is very reliant on continuity.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Supposedly, some of the first season Steven Universes were aired sort of out of order, but there wasn't so much of a problem as those were episodes that didn't follow a strict continuity.

Seems that most of these episodes could run in any order, but Bye Bye Bellum should have aired first (explaining why Bellum hasn't appeared until just then and why the Mayor was trying to be self sufficient in prior episodes), the manifest powers episode should have run before the one where they were using them to play baseball, and the order of the Pack Rat episodes should have been switched around. Hopefully if the episodes start getting continuity heavy, they'll be in their proper order. These episodes all seem to be subtly establishing how things changed since we last saw the girls. Any deeper storylines would likely be further down the line.

For the most part, CN's cartoons don't have that much strict continuity (at least too strict that they aren't within episodes of each other with the exception of Steven U and Adventure Time occasionally). Though I have always said that in Clarence, Chalmers Santiago and L'il Buddy work better if they're in that exact order. If you look closely Clarence pulls the L'il Buddy doll out of the garbage box in the same condition the doll is when it first appears in the episode. Plus, it gives a delightful implied origin that in between those episodes, Clarence saw the commercial for the toy, and was mesmerized enough by it to no longer find it creepy. Hence why he showed the commercial to all the kids first.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Tiara Trouble" was a great episode if only for the commentary on beauty pageants (especially for children) and the return of several villains. And yes, Him made his debut here, though I expected him to do a little more after his tiara possessed Princess Morbucks, rather than just sit by and devour a bag of popcorn.

Seems like they're also building a strong rivalry with Princess and Blossom. You'd think redheads would stick together a little more seeing as how they're rumored to go extinct within the next century, but apparently not with these two. :big_grin: