1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

D23 Expo: Muppet news and happenings

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Sep 11, 2009.

1. hoopless

hoopless Member

I think the Dracula musical alone shows what good hands the muppets would be in if Segel is still connected. He clearly loves them and IMO is capable of honoring them (and us) with a great new movie.
  2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I didn't realize that there was a chance that Segel was no longer tied to the new Muppet movie. Do we have any solid news on if he is or isn't? If anybody has anything solid could they please report it here.
  3. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Active Member

Really? I thought the scene with the lasers in the hallway was one of the funniest parts of the whole film.
  4. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I enjoyed that scene as well but I do remember Grinch references in there as far as the pop culture goes.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The Grinch thing I really like and all... but the Crock Hunter thing, even before his death, screamed "DATED!" at the top of its lungs while waving its arms and jumping up and down.
  6. Muppetfan55

Muppetfan55 New Member

Someone sounds very full of themselves...

Look, regardless of your feelings, that one comment was very unnecessary.
  7. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Yeah, I thought the Grinch gag worked okay because Grinch is a Christmas movie, and the movie spoofed a bunch of Christmas movies. I really hated the Croc Hunter thing, though. It was just so pointless. I personally really enjoyed the movie as a whole, but I distinctly remember thinking that scene was stupid the first time I saw it.
  8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I forgot about the Croc Hunter scene. Yeah I really didn't like that.
  9. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i HATE the croc hunter thing. i always fast forward through it. lol.
  10. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

That's will be awesome to watch those crazy muppets!
  11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

...Yeah! As long as there's lots of SUSPENSE!

:smirk:
  12. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

Guys I meant to post this some time ago, it is the poster for the new disney pook-a-looz toys. You can see clearly a Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, and Fozzie. These were showcased at D23, I'm also gonna link this in the Merchandise portion of this forum...
  13. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i want all of them! every single one that is available will be mine!
  14. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I love the Fozzie. Suprise that thre is no Piggy
  15. Drtooth

Just wanna pipe in that I spotted some of the first Kermit the Frog "Green" merchandise and Muppets Letters to Santa have just started showing up at Disney Stores.
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I need to go to a Disney Store. :)
  17. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

Yeah, so far what I've seen at the Disney store by me is two girls Kermit tees and a Kermit tote bag. Hopefully a good sign of more to come.
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

WOW! Whatever things have you seen there?
  19. Drtooth

I saw buttons, too. It's a very slow start, but that's what the plan was... test marketing for later merchandise. And this is all leftover UK stuff, too. But hey, I remember a time when you couldn't even find Mickey Mouse stuff at the Disney Store.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I am excited about The Muppets presence in the stores.