D23 Expo: Muppet news and happenings

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Wow...just read this entire thread and I am speechless!
It's about time we got some Muppet news, but this is all truly amazing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That makes me wonder what exactly this new project really is. One, the other or maybe a mixture of both? And maybe the cancellation of the Halloween special has bumped up a theatrical offering.
You know... I heard a weird piece of conflicting news on toughpig's front site...

Rumors flew by a few months ago regarding a Muppet Halloween special, due out this Halloween season. And since we're already halfway through September, that rumor is decidedly bunk. Or, it was, until Disney announced that the Halloween special will be out next year. And while we wait for details about that, feel free to play through Muppet Monster Adventure for your PlayStation video gaming system and pretend it's a new TV special.
So... it may happen next year? I heard it ran really behind and it wasn't going to happen.... I'm not getting my hopes up until I heard something definite. And I'm sure it's a definite no.

Reaction score
yahooo yeah the muppets are back im so excited i cant wait to see miss piggy , wellcome back muppets kermit miss piggy and the gang i love you love kelly

ChellisPal

Reaction score
figured id post this same message here too...

Has anyone else tred to contact Disney?
interesting stuff..... I just tried calling the Muppets Studio at Disney and asked about Steve Whitmire...the woman who answered the phone just said multiple times she was not able to comment about it and could not say if there was an announcement going to be made to the public

I hope all is well, I met Steve a few years ago and he was a really nice and genuine guy.

I just emailed Jim Hill as well and asked for his help in finding out

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Disney store's finally going to carry Muppet stuff, from the looks of it. Not the greatest stuff out there, and I'd love for them to do a Muppet show themed PVC figures set (like they've done with every movie so far... except Up which really deserves one).

And Gonzo's on the cover of vol4, like I thought.

silentdante

Reaction score
I haven't posted here in forever, but I thought I'd stop by and say that the presentation yesterday was really very cool. A lot of good announcements (sooo excited that the Whatnots are coming to Disney parks with monsters and additional features), though more details on the movie and parks promotion would have been appreciated. They did say that they were remastering MuppetVision in Disney Digital 3D, and while this may or may not be technically accurate, the fact that they're doing anything with it at all gives me hope that they plan on keeping the movie and not replacing it with a Narnia 3D like they have been rumored to want to do (at least in California).

The real highlight was the meet & greet at the end. I was lucky enough to be seated right by the exit and was one of the first in line (though I probably would have waited all day). Gonzo complimented my shirt, and while I was distracted talking to him (yes, I was talking to Gonzo, not Dave Goelz- it really felt like that) Pepe and Fozzie asked about my wife. Since I didn't answer right away, Pepe said, "Not wife? Girlfriend?" very flirtatiously. Truly amazing experience, the highlight of the whole convention. This picture is one of my favorite things ever:
Me and the Muppets!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
The Disney store's finally going to carry Muppet stuff, from the looks of it. Not the greatest stuff out there, and I'd love for them to do a Muppet show themed PVC figures set (like they've done with every movie so far... except Up which really deserves one).

And Gonzo's on the cover of vol4, like I thought.
Its about time, i think everytime i go to one and ask they look at me like i have 2 heads

hoopless

Reaction score
ok so i've just sat and read through this whole thread.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! *GLEE*

all this stuff is too awesome for words! that little video clip of them all on the steamboat actually brought tears of sheer joy. from that point on every bit of news was just too much for me.

I feel like we're getting spoiled all of a sudden... and it feels gooood.

the new collaboration with weezer is gonna be something for me to focus my radar on. I'll get to see Kermit at the VMA's tonight too.

WOW!

breathe:flirt::big_grin::crazy:

majortom1981

Reaction score
I haven't posted here in forever, but I thought I'd stop by and say that the presentation yesterday was really very cool. A lot of good announcements (sooo excited that the Whatnots are coming to Disney parks with monsters and additional features), though more details on the movie and parks promotion would have been appreciated. They did say that they were remastering MuppetVision in Disney Digital 3D, and while this may or may not be technically accurate, the fact that they're doing anything with it at all gives me hope that they plan on keeping the movie and not replacing it with a Narnia 3D like they have been rumored to want to do (at least in California).

The real highlight was the meet & greet at the end. I was lucky enough to be seated right by the exit and was one of the first in line (though I probably would have waited all day). Gonzo complimented my shirt, and while I was distracted talking to him (yes, I was talking to Gonzo, not Dave Goelz- it really felt like that) Pepe and Fozzie asked about my wife. Since I didn't answer right away, Pepe said, "Not wife? Girlfriend?" very flirtatiously. Truly amazing experience, the highlight of the whole convention. This picture is one of my favorite things ever:
Me and the Muppets!
You wouldnt happen to know what the time frame is for the muppetvision 3d remaster is ?