1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Cutting faux fur hair to fit

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Joby1c, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Joby1c New Member

Hi
    I've just made my first puppet using the Roly Pattern from Project Puppet. I've made him from polar fleece and want to give him hair using yellow faux fur fabric. How do I get the hair to fit to the head correctly? I don't want any bulges or any seams on show.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jo
  2. Animal31 Active Member

Try a pattern in paper first and pin it to the head. Just trim it down until it fits as you want it...
  3. Slackbot Well-Known Member

And when you cut the fur, cut the backing but as little of the fur as possible. Some people slide the scissor blade through at the base of the fur. I like to use a sharp Exacto blade and cut only the backing.
  4. TheCreatureWork Active Member

I use paper towel to make a pattern.
  5. Melonpool Member

I usually buy some cheap fabric that has the same stretch as the fabric I use -- so I use polar fleece for making patterns for antron or muslin for something that has no stretch like fur.

From there, you can make all the mistakes you want on the bad fabric before transferring it over to the expensive stuff.