Custom Whatnot Workshop Kit

Mjolnir

Reaction score
So I bought my two sons Muppet Whatnots from TRU for Christmas but wanted them to have something closer to the FAO Schwartz experience in terms of really customizing their Muppets. The TRU kit comes with a decent assortment of parts but I wanted them to have tons of choices and be able to create any Muppet they could imagine. So I bought a carrying case with storage trays from the hobby store and then set about creating various muppet eyes, noses and hair options the old fashioned way (ping pong balls, felt, foam and hot glue). Tooks a few hours over the course of 2-3 weeks to create over 20 new sets of eyes, about 15 new noses and 6 new facial and head hair options. All are backed with velcro so they stick to the Muppet just like the stock parts do. I also created a felt "practice" sheet (slides under the 4th tray) so they can plot out the design of the muppet before they actually place parts on the Muppet blank. Thought the folks here would appreciate this. Can't wait till they open their Whatnots and this kit on Christmas.

crazy chris

Reaction score
You are the coolest parent EVER!!

that AWESOME!!

cc

muppetperson

Reaction score
Very professional.I wish you could actually buy that!!
I noticed the labelling was different for the noses.
Surely the kids could pick their own noses!! Ha Ha.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
That is so cool. I am so jealous. I wish I could make something for myself like this but I lack artistic ability :smile:

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had a lot of fun making the kit. Kinda surprised that Disney hasn't already done some sort of take-home kit for more customizing options. Seems like an easy enough online only type offering. Oh we'll, as a long time toy customizer, I gave up waiting on big manufacturers to give me what I wanted long ago. Now, I just make the stuff I want! Thanks for the feedback.