Custom-Made Animal Costume & Drum Set

Calderwood

Reaction score
Hey,

This is Bill from Calderwood Percussion Instruments, a small custom drum company in Boston, MA. We love Animal. If fact, I don't think I know any drummers who wouldn't cite Animal as a significant childhood inspiration to begin playing drums in the first place. So, during some down time in the shop, this Halloween costume happened:

Once that was done, we figured we had no choice but to make a drum set for him to play. We decided to go with the most recent movie kit, and tried to keep it as true to the original prop as possible, only making visual concessions for the sake of it being an actual professional quality playable instrument. So this happened:

And then this video happened:

We had a lot of fun making this; I hope you all enjoy!

btw, if you'd like to see the making of the animal costume, check this out: http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Animal-Muppet-Costume/

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. Love it. Although I didn't realize Animal was that good of a drummer. :halo:

VonCount

Reaction score
I love it, it's funny because I recognized your costume from instructables, I always vote for the Muppet themed ones :smile: