Custom figures and dioramas

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
How about the Solid Foam from JHH? I thought Janice would be good for the Female Drummer, Lips for Beard, Zoot for Flash, and I dunno who could be used to make Digit... Maybe cross-splice a Johnny Fiama with Newsie's wider torso?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Scooter's head has been replaced since the previous version I posted, because the glasses had gotten warped when I boiled the head to remove it.
:embarrassed: YOU....MONSTER!

Lol... Figures are looking good, dude... Maybe make a George the Janitor outta Waldorf?

Dearth

Reaction score
I hadn't given any thought to Solid Foam, but then I just got some copies of the Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight for the first time recently. Cool designs, but they just don't have the same nostalgic quality for me.

I also got a copy of the Wally Boag episode of the Muppet Show, which I'd wanted after seeing (and loving) some archival footage of Wally's routines at the Golden Horseshoe Corral at Disneyland.

Of the skits in that episode, one of them had me howling with laughter... the Leprechaun Bros.!

Alas, getting spare figures of Chef, Animal, and Beaker won't be cheap, since they were primarily only available with playsets or other exclusives, so I can't customize the figures just yet. I am looking into making little removable sweaters and tam'o'shanters, so I can dress my regular figures without permanently damaging them...

In the meantime, however! I have begun making their shamrock backdrop.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...hp?file=123738&imagewidth=640&imageheight=480
I cut-and-pasted snippets of the background as the puppets moved around and assembled almost the entire backdrop (two tiny areas were filled in with a clone brush tool).

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...hp?file=123740&imagewidth=653&imageheight=490
From that, I extended the sides and bottom, printed some templates, and then began cutting the shapes out of some green glitter scrapbooking paper, which cost $1.99 at Hobby Lobby.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...hp?file=123742&imagewidth=561&imageheight=522
So rather than doing yet another printed-frame-capture, this time I've crafted a small miniature version out of a scaled identical material.

DN

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
OMG ive always wanted to make my frog out of a robin but never had the heart...got any spare parts?:smile::big_grin:

Fluffets

Reaction score
OMG ive always wanted to make my frog out of a robin but never had the heart...got any spare parts?:smile::big_grin:
Unusual project, I know I could never do my characters because well, they've got no arms 'n presumabely no legs so they're snake-like so I don't know how I'd go around that, your idea for (presumabely) Freddy sounds good though, if you do it I hope there's some pictures.:big_grin:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Unusual project, I know I could never do my characters because well, they've got no arms 'n presumabely no legs so they're snake-like so I don't know how I'd go around that, your idea for (presumabely) Freddy sounds good though, if you do it I hope there's some pictures.:big_grin:
yea i get hounded constantly by the J frog for an action figure of him...pre-Madonnas

Sam's Ghost

Reaction score
I love your Steppin' Out customs! Will you be making one of Sam the Eagle?

Fluffets

Reaction score
I love your Steppin' Out customs! Will you be making one of Sam the Eagle?
Good question Sam's Ghost, Sam seems the type to wear a fancy tuxedo, especially after what happened at his speech about nudism :eek:. :big_grin: