Custom figures and dioramas

Muppetaz

Reaction score
Christian,Wow yor figures look great, I espicaly like nigel.

and thanks Dearth, I thought about a simon smith scooter, but since I need the scooter figure I can't use him, I might try stepp'n out lew, but my stepp'n out scooter, made from movie usher scooter looks terrible. so if anyone needs lew or hatteless floyd cheap, tell me.

Dearth

Reaction score
Christian, you really nailed the likenesses on the faces of the Jerry and Frank figures!

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
Dearth, I like the armor idea, I think I know what to do if I get another gonzo

Muppetaz

Reaction score
bad news, the figures came the other day and they were in really bad condition, I'm trying to return them to the seller. so I don't have a scooter.

Dearth

Reaction score
I've been having problems lately with things arriving broken. To my amazement, though, yesterday I got this crappy box in the mail, smushed on one side, held together with duct tape, and absolutely ZERO padding inside. Out tumbled a 1981 Mattel Clash of the Titans Pegasus... in flawless condition. Who knows? Maybe the crappy, fragile-looking boxes are the only ones that the post office is handling with kid gloves?

As for the problems with the three figures from that auction, well... sometimes when I get a great deal on something and it arrives in craptacular condition, I just remind myself that 'you get what you pay for'.

Not to trot out too many cliches in one post, but I have also learned the hard way not to 'count my chickens before they hatch'. I think the universe loves to catch me acting confident that something WILL happen, because inevitably that's when the problems arise. I usually am afraid to jinx myself, and only discuss things after the fact. What DID happen, not what will. It drives some of my friends crazy, because I won't promote my own shows, but I love telling them about ones that I already did that they missed.

As for customs... here's a neat idea I had earlier today. Just in case no merchandise is made for the new character "80's Robot" when the new movie comes out in November, I stumbled across this restaurant premium from a few years ago, tucked into my 'Star Tours' box as possible custom droid fodder:

Now if I've just got some yellow spray-paint left from that Wall-E project I did for my son's "recycling robot" at school.

Alex

j3h

Reaction score
I absolutely love your theater Christian! those custom figures are great too!

Muppetaz

Reaction score
I decided to keep the figures and I'm going to try to customise them.