Custom figures and dioramas

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Oh my. In the group shot with extra-Pigs...Fozzie is naked! Oh my! THE COMEDIAN'S A-BEAR!

Dearth

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words, folks! I love the feedback.

Okay, these new links are for pictures that are much larger, and I apologize, but that's a result of the computer I'm on today.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=121426&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768
This group shot of Steppin' Out figures includes my newest 'formal' figure, Lew Zealand. He was inspired by the costume Lew wears in the 1981 special The Muppets Go To The Movies, which I recently saw for the first time, believe it or not. Since I had an extra Lew in my parts box, this was a must-do figure.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=121434&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768
Two Robin's in progress. The one on the right has had all of his original clothes dremeled away (that's a rotary tool) and then a thin layer of Sculpey was put over him, with the 'reticulated' texture provided by the tip of a ball-point pen. I must have made thousands of those dots. As soon as I match the right shade of green, he's a plain or naked Robin.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=121419&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768
The Robin on the left is in the process of becoming a much-needed companion piece for Adventure Kermit. Here I'm basing the details on a Hasbro "Short Round" figure from Temple of Doom.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=121418&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768
And here he is finished.

Dearth

Dearth

Reaction score
Of course, when you buy lots of Robins for customs, you get lots of extra Robin accessories. And that means one thing...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=121433&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768
...marshmallows for everybody!

Oh, there's a 'temporary' custom in that shot. I threw the leftover glasses from a Scooter custom onto one of the extra Robins, and made another Frog Scout who is very reminiscent of Goggles. That's a happy accident, but one I may keep.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=121427&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768
I bought a dollhouse ironing board and iron specifically for the Swinetrek. It was an odd blue and pink color, with a white cord, so I spray-painted it silver and gloss-white, and tinted the cord black with a marker.

You can see the unpainted diamond-plate styrene that I bought to extend the floor, but the scale is off, and I plan to buy some in a different scale before finishing my enlarged Swinetrek.

DN

Dearth

Reaction score
Oh my! THE COMEDIAN'S A-BEAR!
"Good grief!"

LOL, I love that skit.

Actually, he's the beginning of a "Chew-wokka" custom, but I like him as a naked Fozzie too, so I may just leave him like he is.

Plus, in the Crystal Gayle episode, you see him naked like this very briefly, when the prairie dogs steal his police uniform.

Would also really love to make a plain-clothes Link.
I may be attempting something like that soon...

Today's progress: I have begun a Steppin' Out Swedish Chef today. Once the sleeves are painted and he's finally assembled, I'll post pics.

Dearth

Dearth

Reaction score
Three "Steppin' Out" customs in slightly new versions:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=121937&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768

Swedish Chef is a hybrid of a regular Chef (head and repainted arms) on the torso and legs of the tux Rowlf figure.

Scooter's head has been replaced since the previous version I posted, because the glasses had gotten warped when I boiled the head to remove it.

And Lew Zealand has had the rose detail added, thanks to some little ribbons I found at Hobby Lobby.

DN

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hee... Now that you have Steppin' Out Swedish Chef, how long before the Traveling Comedian, Olaf the Frog, and the Angel of Death join him?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
LOVE all of the Steppin' Out customs! They're incredible! I think Lew is my favorite... but Chef is a pretty close second.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I'm hoping to see a Ma Bear figure, or a Dr. Bunsen Honeypig. (granted he was never shown, but it'd be nice to see a rendering of what he may look like)

Also, on the subject of steppin' out characters, how about Steppin' Out Electric Mayhem.

Fluffets

Reaction score
I thought of a good idea, do kermit with a purple suit, like in some of the episodes, notably in the happy feet number.

Dearth

Reaction score
Hee... Now that you have Steppin' Out Swedish Chef, how long before the Traveling Comedian, Olaf the Frog, and the Angel of Death join him?

I actually sketched the Angel of Death while watching that episode. His wings would be ridiculously simple to make with folded paper. But, even if I do find some extra Beakers to customize, I have a couple of other plans for those first.

Steppin' Out Swedish Chef was one of those things that happened by accident. I had another project lined up for the Chef, something not based on a real appearance, just something I was making up for myself. And I was literally about to slice and dice that tuxedo Rowlf to begin making my Dr. Bob custom. As I took off the jacket, I wondered if I could use it on someone else.

I tried it on the spare Chef, and it looked pretty good. But still, my plan was to shred the Rowlf torso and paint the Chef torso black, etc. THANKFULLY, part of my brain realized it would be far easier to keep Rowlf's torso intact for the Steppin' Chef and use the leftover Chef torso with Rowlf's arms for Dr. Bob. Whew!

I'm hoping to see a Ma Bear figure, or a Dr. Bunsen Honeypig. (granted he was never shown, but it'd be nice to see a rendering of what he may look like)

Also, on the subject of steppin' out characters, how about Steppin' Out Electric Mayhem.
Bunsen Honeypig... now you say that. Darn. I just passed on an auction for several loose figures, and one of them was a Bunsen with broken glasses that I thought I had no use for.

A Steppin' Out Electric Mayhem might be a fun project... I was watching the wedding sequence in MTM the other day, and thought that Janice's tux looked awesome. Again, though, it was hard enough finding one spare Janice for my Vet's Hospital project. But if I find another for a reasonable price, who knows?

I thought of a good idea, do kermit with a purple suit, like in some of the episodes, notably in the happy feet number.
I've actually already begun a purple tux version of Kermit, as well as a purple tux Crazy Harry and a purple tux Floyd.

DN