Custom figures and dioramas

Dearth

Reaction score
Felt like something was missing...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http:%2F%2Fthreads.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fwatermark.php?file=183526&imagewidth=1023&imageheight=556

The cutout of Nanny actually does have a face on it. I found a headless Nanny image online but didn't want to make a headless paper doll-- it felt too Wednesday Addams. So I doctored it by adding a nice photo of Barbara Billingsley, since that's what I always pictured when I watched the show.

But then when I was taking a photo of the cutout standing there with the kids, it just felt WRONG to have her face in the frame. So I cropped her out, and then it was perfect.

Alex

rowlfy662

Reaction score
this is great stuff you my friend are very talented :smile:

Frogster

Reaction score
I love waiting for Dearth's new stuff, it's always clever, creative and awesome!

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Call me insane, but I'd love to see if you could pull off the finale of Life of Brian with the Muppets. Gonzo being the optimistic one, not minding being crucified, Kermit being Brian, and Fozzie, Scooter, Rizzo, Rowlf, Lew, Link, and who ever being the other people on the crosses. Link probably being the one with an umbrella to protect him from the suns rays. Just an idea. If you can pull this off, I'll owe you something... If you can't, well, then I'll just draw it.
Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ The Finale in Question.

Dearth

Reaction score
I think I saw Life of Brian once on cable... like twenty years ago. I don't actually remember that much about it. I was always more of a Flying Circus kind of guy, I guess.

I think I liked the limited-budget free-wheeling style on television more than their somehow constrained film storylines set in one lavishly recreated period, although I loved Holy Grail, and Gilliam's Time Bandits.

Terry Jones' input on Labyrinth was good, as well. Moreso than in Dark Crystal, you got a sense of each self-contained scene with some new goblin being a stand-alone skit that also contributed to the whole. Very much like Flying Circus. The main jokes that hit the Python vein, in my opinion, are the playing-card door-guardians and Sir Didymus.

In fact, take the Sir Didymus introduction, where he won't let them pass without permission, and contrast it to the scene in Holy Grail when they have to answer the questions to cross the bridge. I never thought about it, but it's definitely cut from the same comedic cloth. In both cases, the hero of the tale (Sarah or Arthur) turns the tables on the threshold guardian in an unexpected way.

But I digress. I'll have to give some thought to a Muppets/Python mashup. I doubt I'll do Life of Brian... although if I had five more Hoggle figures from Labyrinth, it would be neat to do the Time Bandits, LOL.

Oh, and for anyone else out there who is a Monty Python fan, I'll share this little anecdote... When I bought the novelization of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in 1989, I had been watching a lot of Flying Circus on Mtv. (In fact, I recall one night that Flying Circus led into an episode of The Young Ones, in which Terry Jones had a cameo, and that led into an episode of Comic Strip Live which starred three of the Young Ones, so it was like each show lingered into the next.)

Remember in the film when Indy brings the Cross of Coronado to Marcus Brody? The one he's been looking for all his life? Well, in the book, there's some additional lines, and at one point Marcus says the artifact will now go into the museum's wing of Spanish Acquisitions.

Over in the margin, I wrote, "Blimey! I didn't expect the Spanish Acquisitions!"

And every time I re-read that book, that cracks me up.

Alex