CTS Update: Cleo Lane TMS

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday I vented my frustrations in another posting in this forum over the fact that CTS (Crossroads Television Service) didn't broadcast the Cleo Laine episode, one of the few shows to not air on the channel since they began airing last September. This afternoon I phoned the CTS office in Burlington expressing my concerns about the absence of some of the TMS episodes. The Program Manager said that they were able to get replacement copies of all the spoiled tapes EXCEPT for Cleo Laine's. They do have a copy of it in their library, but in order for them to air it, they would have to make a significant number of edits. Attempts to get JHC to send a better copy were unsuccessful.

That's the bad news. :sympathy:

The good news, however, is that TMS will return when CTS' new fall lineup/season begins in early September! The Program Manager also encouraged me to keep watching TMS, and held out the possibility that the Cleo Laine ep will air when it enters its 3rd run (probably in August or September).

So let's keep our fingers crossed that we'll see all the TMS shows! :smile:

OI MuppetFan

pollick529

Reaction score
Who is the distributor of the CTS Muppet Shows? Maybe it's the distributor whose having problems with Cleo Laine. It definitely wouldn't be JHC, because CTS told me they got them from a Canadian distributor. I'm guessing it's Kaleidoscope Entertainment in Don Mills. Maybe the distributor needs a better copy of Cleo Laine. I don't know! :confused:

dbarrie

Reaction score
CTS never disclosed that info to me. I had assumed that the tapes came directly from JHP. How do distributors get copies of old TV shows? Do they get them from the direct sources (i.e. the original producers), or from another group or party? Maybe we could address the problem about that episode to Kaleidoscope Entertainment? Did you mention the TMS Cleo Laine problem to CTS as well?

OI MuppetFan