Creating / Building Puppets -- HELP please!

artsy1

Reaction score
Hello,

I came across "The Foam Book" and was wondering if this is the only resource out there for constructing muppet like puppets? I'm looking everywhere and sure would appreciate anyone's help on gathering information to build puppets correctly.

Thanks!

Chris:wink:

BorkBork

Reaction score
hi chris!

You can also go to www.armslenght.com and buy a video called "creating custom puppets".

I have not seen it myself, but it seems that it explains in detail. I am for sure going to buy it myself...right now, actually :smile:

/Anders

artsy1

Reaction score
Thanks!

He look like he knows his stuff. Anyone else have any resources or websites that have instructions??

Thanks!!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Grey Seal Puppets (publishers of "The Foam Book") also have a video version now available from their website.

Another great resource for puppet making is "Figure Making Can Be Fun" by Michael Brose. It mainly deals with Ventriloquist Dummy Construction, but has tons of info on how to make moving eyes, blinking eyes, etc that can be easily applied to puppets.

Michael also has some free "how-tos" available on his website at Puppets & Props.

I hope this helps!