Could Kippi Ben-Kipod and Mr. Purple Pants be related?

DonnaMusic

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Jen K, AKA DonnaMusic. Have not posted in ages! I saw a picture of the new hedgehog plush character from Toy Story 3, and it seemed familiar. I couldn't place him until, I realized, change some plain green overalls to lederhosen, and he is the spitting image of the Kippi hedgehog from the Israeli Sesame Street! There must be some subliminal memories that came from that character's designer...

Maybe someone can post side by side pics for a comparison? Then you will know what I'm talking about :wink: Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Jennifer K.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not quite

Here's a side by side and the only thing I can tell is that they shop at the same hedgehog clothing factory outlet. That's why Sonic is naked except for the shoes. They only have overalls and leiderhosen.

And even then, The Toy Story 3 guy is wearing Leiderhosen, and Kippi is wearing overalls.

Dearth

Reaction score
Well, why would a hedgehog bother with a shirt? It would just get torn to shreds. So, wearing "just pants" isn't so much a fashion choice as a practical consideration.

And if you're kinda roly-poly, then something with galluses/suspenders would be required to keep the pants up, right? So, whether it's lederhosen or overalls or just some regular shorts with clip-on suspenders, it's going to lead to a fairly consistent clothing design.

DN