Coraline: Animated Movie (2009)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this film for a while. I wonder how it will stack up compared to Corpse Bride and Nightmare Before Christmas? :flirt:

The Clips:
Exlusive RT clip of the film and a YouTube Teaser Trailer.

The Pitch:
A high-definition stop-motion animated feature – the first to be originally filmed in 3-D – with spectacular CG effects, based on Neil Gaiman’s international best-selling book. A young girl walks through a secret door in her new home and discovers an alternate version of her life. On the surface, this parallel reality is eerily similar to her real life – only much better. But when this wondrously off-kilter, fantastical adventure turns dangerous, and her counterfeit parents (including Other Mother) try to keep her forever, Coraline must count on her resourcefulness, determination, and bravery to get back home – and save her family.

The Cast:
Dakota Fanning, Teri Hatcher, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Ian McShane, John Hodgman, Keith David

The Creators:
Writer/Director - Henry Selick (Director of Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas)
Based on the bestseller by Neil Gaiman

Release Date:
February 6, 2009

:confused: Thoughts? :eek:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I had to read that book once for a university-level course on children's literature. It was really weird; reminded me in parts of 'A Wrinkle in Time.'

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh man! This loks so good! It looks awesome and it looks like so muuhc fun too! I can't wait for this! I know that I want to see this already! It sounds too cool! I am really loving the story, the cast, the creators, everything! It perfectly something I would be interested in! It just seems like it has a lot of depth to it!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Rottentomatoes it not coming up on my computer for some unknown reason?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I felt that miss Dakota Danning was snubbed at the Oscars and looks over for that girl in Little Mis Sunshine. She does such excellent work and is so beyond her years. She was reduced to winning the Kids Choice Award.:stick_out_tongue: At least it was by the people.:smirk:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hmm, this movie sounds very interesting! I LOVE Neil Gaiman--his book Anansi Boys is one of my all-time favorites. I'll tell you what though, a book that really needs to be made into a movie is Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett--THAT's a good read.

But I'll have to try and read this book before the movie is released. It sounds great!