1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Cookie Monster on Martha Stewart

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by beaker, Jan 22, 2003.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I had read this was one of the most out there Muppet performances in recent years, when Cookie was a guest on Martha Stewart. Some really great writing and Frank Oz? Hmmm...I definately need a vhs trade of this Cosby episode, and Muppets on Nightline fer sure!

I can imagine Elmo on Martha Stewart:
    "Elmo no understand corporate stock fraud"
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Sorry, Beaker. I'm interested in seeing that too. There's a transcript of that one at the "Toughpigs" site somewhere, if that would help.
  3. juliette

juliette New Member

I have the Martha Stewart episode with Cookie on it on videotape and it is one of the funniest Muppet bits I have seen in a long time. There's some sort of weird vibe between Martha and Cookie, one might almost call it sexual chemistry. Martha flirts with Cookie and then at the end she ties him up.

I brought this tape to a party and everyone thought it was hilarious, even though they weren't big Muppet or Martha Stewart fans. Definitely worth finding and watching.
  4. Daffyfan2003

It's about time somebody answered here. Yeah. I remember reading on the script about him being tied up. Now I wish I would have went to that party. Lol.
  5. hdofu

hdofu New Member

*now has this picture of martha wheeling out a tray of lady fingers and cookie monster assending upon them like a lion on a wilderbeast*
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh gosh this sounds to cool! Man, I so got to find those more rare tv guest appearences(like this, the Cosby episode with the JHH, and Nightline 1987)

But yes, Ive heard that Cookie guest spot was pretty esoteric! hehe
  7. Daffyfan2003

I watch The Cosby Show all the time, but I still haven't caught that episode. It seems like they always play that one when I'm not in the dorm and don't have any channels that get the show. Lol.
  8. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

I asked MahnaMahna for this clip, and I'll get it on one of his tapes, once I send him the DVD I ordered, which, unfortunately, is taking forever to get here - and I ordered it in January! :(

Word to the wise: don't order this DVD unless you can wait a long time for it. I had to learn this the hard way.
  9. Stulz

Stulz Member

DVD

I 'm still waiting till they release an "official" DVD..

:mad:
    I still can't believe A&E is actually selling a burned DVD+R of that episode
    :boo:
  10. fuzzyandblue

fuzzyandblue New Member

The Martha Stewart Cookie Monster episode is HILARIOUS!!!! MArtha gets so flustered when Cookie start adlibbing and not staying quiet and Martha-esque with regards to "serious" cookie baking discussions.

Um...did Martha know who Cookie Monster was?? LOL He was in classic Cookie mode and kept interrupting and going on "ME WANT COOKIE!" tangeants, and Martha didn't hide her frustrations and regret of doing that segment with him one bit.

I laughed my tooshie off. SOooooo great to see her get one-upped and flustered by a puppet. LOLOLOLOLOL

Sure wished I had taped it. I found it years ago just by flipping channels. Definitely worth seeing if you get the chance. :0)
  11. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

And it looks like that chance will come real soon for me! The tapes are on their way to my house as of 3/14. MahnaMahna, I can't thank you enough.
  12. cookietribe

cookietribe New Member

Hi, I know this thread is almost 10 years old and that this sketch is on youtube here in parts but I was wondering if anyone knows if this particular segment of Martha Stewart and Cookie Monster was available on any dvd?

I saw a better quality full clip on youtube at some point but it looks like it's been taken down. I've tried to search online using google and in the Martha Stewart episode guide but can't find anything. If it's not available on a dvd or dvdr if someone could make a best quality digital file somehow available if it's ok to do so, I'd appreciate it. :insatiable:
  13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This is it here: and .