Cookie Monster on Martha Stewart

beaker

Reaction score
I had read this was one of the most out there Muppet performances in recent years, when Cookie was a guest on Martha Stewart. Some really great writing and Frank Oz? Hmmm...I definately need a vhs trade of this Cosby episode, and Muppets on Nightline fer sure!

I can imagine Elmo on Martha Stewart:
"Elmo no understand corporate stock fraud"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Sorry, Beaker. I'm interested in seeing that too. There's a transcript of that one at the "Toughpigs" site somewhere, if that would help.

juliette

Reaction score
I have the Martha Stewart episode with Cookie on it on videotape and it is one of the funniest Muppet bits I have seen in a long time. There's some sort of weird vibe between Martha and Cookie, one might almost call it sexual chemistry. Martha flirts with Cookie and then at the end she ties him up.

I brought this tape to a party and everyone thought it was hilarious, even though they weren't big Muppet or Martha Stewart fans. Definitely worth finding and watching.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

It's about time somebody answered here. Yeah. I remember reading on the script about him being tied up. Now I wish I would have went to that party. Lol.

hdofu

Reaction score
*now has this picture of martha wheeling out a tray of lady fingers and cookie monster assending upon them like a lion on a wilderbeast*

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by juliette
I have the Martha Stewart episode with Cookie on it on videotape and it is one of the funniest Muppet bits I have seen in a long time. There's some sort of weird vibe between Martha and Cookie, one might almost call it sexual chemistry. Martha flirts with Cookie and then at the end she ties him up.
Oh gosh this sounds to cool! Man, I so got to find those more rare tv guest appearences(like this, the Cosby episode with the JHH, and Nightline 1987)

But yes, Ive heard that Cookie guest spot was pretty esoteric! hehe

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I watch The Cosby Show all the time, but I still haven't caught that episode. It seems like they always play that one when I'm not in the dorm and don't have any channels that get the show. Lol.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I asked MahnaMahna for this clip, and I'll get it on one of his tapes, once I send him the DVD I ordered, which, unfortunately, is taking forever to get here - and I ordered it in January! :frown:

Word to the wise: don't order this DVD unless you can wait a long time for it. I had to learn this the hard way.

Stulz

Reaction score
DVD

I 'm still waiting till they release an "official" DVD..

:mad:
I still can't believe A&E is actually selling a burned DVD+R of that episode
:boo:

fuzzyandblue

Reaction score
The Martha Stewart Cookie Monster episode is HILARIOUS!!!! MArtha gets so flustered when Cookie start adlibbing and not staying quiet and Martha-esque with regards to "serious" cookie baking discussions.

Um...did Martha know who Cookie Monster was?? LOL He was in classic Cookie mode and kept interrupting and going on "ME WANT COOKIE!" tangeants, and Martha didn't hide her frustrations and regret of doing that segment with him one bit.

I laughed my tooshie off. SOooooo great to see her get one-upped and flustered by a puppet. LOLOLOLOLOL

Sure wished I had taped it. I found it years ago just by flipping channels. Definitely worth seeing if you get the chance. :0)