Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

Cosby84

Reaction score
Me want news-cookie

So far the LA Times and Washington Post entertainment sections have picked up on the idea of Cookie hosting SNL. Interesting to note is that NBC has made no official comments yet.

The AP story on Cookie hosting made note that it wasn't until Betty White gathered over One Million supporters on Facebook that "victory" was declared. Of course Cookie went from 4,000 on Monday to nearly 40,000 today, with that ten-percent ratio in three days, cookie could achieve a million supporters in approximately a week if remains constant.

zns

Reaction score
The video was beautifully done and David Rudman brought out the best that I have ever seen in Cookie Monster. I would especially love to know what kind of reaction Frank Oz would have to this. I think we should all sign up and help Cookie Monster get onto SNL. If Betty White can make it, so can he. Of course, the writers will have to be careful with what they use him for if he ever gets on the show. :insatiable::insatiable::insatiable:

beaker

Reaction score
Man news of this Cookie thing with video footage is EVERYWHERE on the tabloid news shows on tv, the blogs, news websites, etc. Total viral!
Lets hope it adds up to facebook likes and youtube views.

Way I see it, I'd love for the Muppets, not just Kermit, but Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy... etc. Having the Electric Mayhem be the sit in band. The first time since that 2000something appearance for the Christmas episode... have them crash one of the skits where the cast dresses up as them and complain about how they act NOTHING like that and preceed to act EXACTLY like that (or moving the human members only to find hands sticking out from under them)...

However, Sesame Street is VERY close to where SNL is taped. So there's no call for him to not make a special guest appearance somewhere. Heck, when they did that 30 Rock episode, they used Sesame Street specific puppeteers and Sesame Street brand anything muppets. Cookie and or Grover would fit perfectly in with the cast... I don't see Elmo or Big Bird or even Ernie and Bert pop up anywhere, though.

That said, if Cookie Monster WAS a guest host it would give me a reason to watch. Other than the rare occasions where Tina Fey came in to mock Palin, there hasn't been anything remotely interesting on the show for years.
Dude, SNL Digital Shorts with Andy Samberg. Ive been a fan of SNL since the late 80's and those are by far some of the most genius things SNL has had since the "golden" 1988-1992 period everyone loves.

Aw, good point about Sesame being near 30 Rock, PLUS Whitmire is booked up. Still, it'd be odd having a children's show character on an adult show, whereas the Muppets proper are no stranger to adult orientated talk shows. The idea of many Muppets showing up is great.

Yeah I knew the characters on 30 Rock looked a bit too Sesameish, despite them referring to them as Muppets(implying in that case they were from Disney)
By the way that Muppet takeover of SNL(Kermit duet with Robert Deniro and the Kermit/Fozzie/Animal song with Horatio Sanz) was from December 2004. First time real Muppets had been on since 1976!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Whoa! I checked YouTube, the video is definetely going viral!

:batty:: That's 311,081, 311,081 views! Vwonderful!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Man news of this Cookie thing with video footage is EVERYWHERE on the tabloid news shows on tv, the blogs, news websites, etc. Total viral!
Lets hope it adds up to facebook likes and youtube views.

Dude, SNL Digital Shorts with Andy Samberg. Ive been a fan of SNL since the late 80's and those are by far some of the most genius things SNL has had since the "golden" 1988-1992 period everyone loves.

Aw, good point about Sesame being near 30 Rock, PLUS Whitmire is booked up. Still, it'd be odd having a children's show character on an adult show, whereas the Muppets proper are no stranger to adult orientated talk shows. The idea of many Muppets showing up is great.

Yeah I knew the characters on 30 Rock looked a bit too Sesameish, despite them referring to them as Muppets(implying in that case they were from Disney)
By the way that Muppet takeover of SNL(Kermit duet with Robert Deniro and the Kermit/Fozzie/Animal song with Horatio Sanz) was from December 2004. First time real Muppets had been on since 1976!
I agree to an extent, but I think the Sesame crew can take on a little Muppet Show edge afterhours as long as they keep it PG. I loved Grover's Old Spice spoof and hope they make more things like it, but you must admit that Grover was oddly aggressive in a way that's much more PG than G.

I'm just glad this isn't another Elmo moment. They could give the show to Slimey and I'd be happy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude, SNL Digital Shorts with Andy Samberg.
Those are either meh or terrible. I liked the Japanese Office one, but that was about it. Gah, I miss TV Funhouse. MacGruber's alright, but repetitive.
They were very specific Sesame Street AM patterns. I'm surprised they built another Jack Doughnahey Muppet, since they used a similar one on Sesame Street.

However, it should be of note that in another episode where Kennith runs by the HD TV camera, and he turns into a puppet, that was one they made at FAO Schwartz.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
That was hilarious. I'd vote for it if I was on Facebook. But I'm gonna show it to other people. I love it because Cookie Monster is so zany that it just makes everything. Loved the Maccarooner and Fake News.

Mupp

Reaction score
Way I see it, I'd love for the Muppets, not just Kermit, but Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy... etc. Having the Electric Mayhem be the sit in band.
Speaking of which, several weeks ago I saw some episodes of Muppets Tonight on youtube. In retrospect, one of the biggest flaws of the show was that The Electric Mayhem was NOT the house band. Instead, they had a new band.

What were they thinking?

Its funny. The cold opening of the pilot episode is the only time that members of the Electric Mayhem were seen on Muppets Tonight.

As a matter of fact, that cold opening included several classic characters that were either never seen again or seen very little on the show after that.
That was the biggest flaw of the show.
The fact that Frank Oz was not available a lot was a kiss of death for Muppets Tonight. Too many new characters, not enough classic characters.

Sorry for the rant.... Really, I would love to see Cookie on SNL and I really hope that it happens!