Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't forget those with Facebook pages, he actually WANTS to get on SNL the same way Betty White did. And YOU can make it happen... if you have a facebook, that is. I don't.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is really great and I think it would be really wonderful for Cookie to do this.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If Cookie Monster DID host the show, I wonder if his involvement would be the same as the average SNL host, or if he'd be featured less (or more?)?

I think I'd rather see Ernie and Bert, Grover, Oscar the Grouch, or Kermit (which would be out of Sesame Workshop's controll) host it than Cookie Monster. Ironically, I don't think either of the main full-body characters (Big Bird and Snuffy) would fit in well as hosts. Too bad they won't rebuild Bruno, because he could carry Oscar's can while Oscar hosts.

If Cookie Monster does host, I wonder if it'd be done similar to the classic episode where Charles Grodin hosted, and acted like he missed dress rehearsal and didn't know the show was live. That could have potential. It would also be great if other Sesame Street Muppets were to make cameos (maybe Bert and Ernie could be seen watching the show in their apartment, or some could be seen backstage).

Hmmm, and if the Facebook campaign isn't a success, maybe they can do a 90-minute SNL parody special, similar to the rare "Out to Lunch". The DVD could include the unaired "Hot and Cold" and various classic sketches as a bonus feature.

Cosby84

Reaction score
Even if he doesn't host SNL this particular sketch was polished and well-thought out. It reminds me of the Cookiegate-MacNeil parody of the Watergate (or is it Ollie North hearings?). Hopefully, like the Cookiegate vingette, this SNL scene will make it onto dvd.
Regardless of the sincerity of the movement, I would vote for Cookie to host, he can't be much worse than what SNL already has become: hit and miss.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea! He's quite likeable - I think this could go pretty far!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, people at Tough Pigs are saying that this is what Betty White did to get a hosting gig on the show, and I can't help but wonder why "Weird Al" Yankovic hasn't done something like this (at least as a parody) to get on the show.

If Cookie Monster succeeds, I wonder if they'll put something on the stage to hide the performer from the live audience, or if the performer will be there on stage for the live audience to see (I think that's what was done during the Gortch years, and it's not like Sesame Street's target audience would be watching the show live in the studio).

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure about this. Especially since it's not Frank Oz... and it's obvious. I'm one of the biggest Muppet fans you'll ever meet but honestly, is this going too far with the FB/SNL petitions? Since the Betty White thing I've been invited for numerous "hosts" for SNL on FB. If Frank Oz were to play Cookie than I'd be a little more open but, eh. This just doesn't do it for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure about this. Especially since it's not Frank Oz... and it's obvious. I'm one of the biggest Muppet fans you'll ever meet but honestly, is this going too far with the FB/SNL petitions? Since the Betty White thing I've been invited for numerous "hosts" for SNL on FB. If Frank Oz were to play Cookie than I'd be a little more open but, eh. This just doesn't do it for me.

UGH. I am sick and tired of Frank being the end all be all of the character. David is doing just fine, and has been for years. David IS Cookie as far as I'm concerned. If Frank wants to come back and do a couple skits on Sesame Street in between whatever he's doing, that's great. But David and Eric have been doing solid. Heck, I don't even notice anymore. Eric has absorbed Grover flawlessly.