Cookie Monster joins the Youtube Unboxing Fad

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know the series of YT videos where someone unboxes something? Be it a video game system or a large toy, or something that was shipped to them?

Well Cookie unboxes his lunch:

Another great viral from Sesame Workshop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not something I'm really fond of seeing either. But there's so many of these things, and I usually get them in my "recommended" file just because I watch cartoons based on toy lines and they make that dumb connection somehow.

But here's an example from my favorite video game reviewer.

The Cookie Monster video makes more sense in that context. Seems like this will be a series. There's a preview of a Pizza based one after the video.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I enjoyed Cookie unboxing his lunch, if only because I pretty much automatically like anything Cookie-related, I'm just not at all familiar with this fad.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as all these Cookie Monster videos like the one with John Oliver over biscuits and t or the WORD Channel News or his stint as snack patrol officer for Jimmie Kimmel make me laugh, I'd like to get some video snipets featuring :batty: instead. Maybe some Halloweenish driven segments as well to help the plot for potential videos. Meh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cookie's successful eclipsing Elmo's popularity. That's the take home here. Elmo's still really popular, but Cookie has more appeal beyond age groups. Grover certainly had a shot. After all, Elmo never had a Macy's balloon, but Grover did. But Cookie has become the go to character and not just Elmo.

Other than that, I'd love to see other characters in viral videos too. Count VonCount for one. Viral Muppet videos have been great so far. Disappointed Disney hasn't done anything since the movie before the last movie came out. And if they're still whining about box office take, free youtube that everyone can access is a better way to bring those characters out. Seems SW really gets that, even though they're still on TV and still popular. A nice way to say we're still on and we still make some fun stuff.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was a really funny parody of all those unboxing videos, and even more entertaining, too! I was also expecting Cookie to eat the note from his mom along the way, but he wouldn't be that heartless, now would he?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I expected him to eat the box, actually.

Seems like David had a problem opening the box with those Cookie Monster gloves if you look very carefully at the beginning.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I even thought he was going to eat the water bottle after he drank it. After all, he can eat anything, can't he?

I'm wondering since the entire video only shows Cookie's hands, were David's hands actually inside the puppet's hands? Or did he wear gloves that were specially-made for this video?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This will be a fun series. As I said in the comments, I can't wait to see more YT exclusive videos like this.