Cookie Monster Eats Rocks

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I found this Cookie Monster sketch in Hebrew. Does anyone remember seeing it in English? According to Muppet Wiki, a Muppet man was using feathers and rocks to show the difference between light and heavy. During the lecture, Cookie Monster came along and ate the rocks, thinking they were cookies. Since the rocks weighed him down, he started eating the feathers to "balance it out." :insatiable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4GGsvK5Gug

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Cookie will eat anything even his devices to contact to santa:insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does that character have a name? This is the second time I've seen that specific AM giving lectures. Clearly came out of a time where they were trying not to use Kermit. Why Herbert Birdsfoot wasn't used is the biggest mystery. Perhaps this is just before he debuted?

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember seeing that Muppet Man as a kid. He was voiced by Jim Henson and he introduced himself saying, "Hi there. You may not know me, but I'm here to tell you about heavy and light." He said he got the feathers from Big Bird and the rocks from Oscar.

And when Cookie Monster was eating the rocks, the guy goes, "He's having a heavy meal there."

That guy always made me laugh for it seemed like that was Jim Henson himself doing the lecture.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Talk about indigestion! After a meal like that, he wanted a light dessert.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Here's another video (this one's in Spanish) with that Muppet guy giving a lecture. This time, he holds up pictures and asks the viewers to find a square in each one. Of course, Cookie Monster shows up and eats his props yet again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oP_ExPXVh4

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Hooray! I found the "Heavy and Light" sketch in English. It was just posted today.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Found the English version of the sketch about looking for squares.