Cookie Crisp '79 Ad

Xerus

Reaction score
I believe that's Lennie Weinrib voicing Cookie Jarvis.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh,... the Wacky Wizard is good, I guess... but I REALLY miss Cookie Crook and Cookie Cop. I have a small Chip figure somewhere I got at a Yard Sale...

I HATED Howler the wolf. Seriously, he was EXACTLY like Sonny the CoCoa Puff Bird and The Trix Rabbit... only NOT funny at all.

Yorick

Reaction score
I HATED Howler the wolf. Seriously, he was EXACTLY like Sonny the CoCoa Puff Bird and The Trix Rabbit... only NOT funny at all.
Isn't he still around? I agree I was less than thrilled when they changed it to him. I never understood why they change the mascots. Does it really make them sell more product? I doubt the wolf sells more.

I also didn't know why Cinnamon Toast Crunch got rid of two of the three chefs, including the younger guy, and just left the older guy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Isn't he still around? I agree I was less than thrilled when they changed it to him. I never understood why they change the mascots. Does it really make them sell more product? I doubt the wolf sells more.
It's quite simple... it's all about demographics.

Actually, Chip's the Wolf's name... Howler was the European character that the US eventually adopted. I will say, it was much more of a classic cereal commercial style than the Chip the Dog solo live action/animated commercials where all they do is howl, but it just doesn't stack up to the Crook, Cop and Chip ads I loved the most.

Yeah, the Wolf is still on the packets of cereal, but I haven't seen a big G cereal commercial in ages.