Contacting Muppeteers

Beauregard

Reaction score
Does any one know how I can contact any of the Muppeteers? I was on the internet for ages the other day trying to find their adresses, or e-mail address. Also does anyone know why Frank Oz calls himself Frank not his real name Richard???

Thanks
Beauregard

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Howdy!

Yeah, if you go Muppet Central's FAQ page, you can find all kinds of Henson addresses on there---and one of 'em is for "Muppets and Muppeteers" (or somethin' like that). It's in New York.

Good luck! :smile:

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Depends partly on who you want to contact, if you know who their agent is you could try writing to them care of their management.

Hope that helps
Skekayuk

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA!

I don't know about "agents" per se, but to contact anyone at the JHC, you can write your letter and send it to:

(Performer's Name)
Jim Henson Company Fan Mail
PO BOX 20726
NEW YORK NY 10023

A self-addressed stamped envelope is great to send along for faster responses, especially if you're looking for autographed photos.

If writing to the people who perform at Sesame Street, including the characters, write to:

Sesame Street
Sesame Workshop
One Lincoln Plaza
New York NY 10023

And if you're wondering who told me all this, it was a certain green fella named Merkit the Gorf.

FOZ :smile:

I do know that Frank's name, by the way, is Oznowicz; unsure about any other part of it.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
just thought you might care to know a tidbit of information: on the metal monument at Ellis Island in NY, you can find Frank Oznowicz's parents' names -- ISADORE AND FRANCES OZNOWICZ. It was a heart-stopper for me. Fun stuff; just thought someone might like to know.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

radionate

Reaction score
Kevin (or anyone else that may know the answer),

If I really write the JHC, will they actually send back autographed pictures? I've never written a "celebrity" in my life, but after Chuck Jones died a little while back, and with the anniversary of Jim Henson's death, I've realized that not many of my childhood idols are left, and I really wish I had some kind of special remembrance of them. Now I ask you, how much more special (besides the memories and childhood toys) can you get, then a picture, or better yet an autographed picture.

My quest has begun by trying to save up for an original Charles Schultz "Peanuts" strip or artwork, and pictures of Jerry Nelson or Frank Oz would most likely make me cry if I got them. These are all people who impacted my childhood and continue to impact me in everyday of my life. I know that the odds of me meeting the few surviving folks who I looked up to are slim to none, so this seems the next best option.

Do I sound like a raving loon, or a psycho stalker yet?

Splurge

Reaction score
You could always stand outside Jim Henson Studios and call them by saying, "Har-oooooooooooooooooongah!"

I don't know if that works, though. Those that have tried it still haven't been released yet.

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
radionate

Henson does send you autographed pictures. I wrote Jerry Nelson a little less than year ago. I sent a self-addressed stamped envelope with my letter ( 32 cents, 34 cents, something like that) but in the mail I go a really big enevlope with a letter and a autographed picture. I cost $1.49 to send! Henson is so generous and sweet to their fans.

Adios,
~Megan~

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Last year I sent fan letters to some of the Muppeteers (along with a self addressed stamped ENVELOPE), and I did get a reply (although I have yet to hear back from Steve Whitmire, but I'm sure he has his reasons :big_grin: ). I even sent a list of stupid questions to Dave Goelz and he answered them.

When I was putting together Your Face!, I wrote to them, and they sent me some wonderful letters (which I have framed).

Besides Muppeteers, I have written to baseball players and voice actors and received autographs (and some of these autographs are proudly hanging on my walls).

My dad actually got me interested in this because he sometimes tells the story of how when he was younger he wrote to Charles Schultz and got an autographed strip in the mail (he actually has two of them).

So, I'd say go for it. You can get really cool non junkmail for a change...

:big_grin: