Contacting Kevin Clash

Neil565

Reaction score
Hey all,

There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people here, so maybe someone can help...

In 2006, a radio reporter friend of mine took place in a contest called the Iron Elmo Triathalon. The Winner of the contest who guessed the time it took to finish the race, without going over, won a tropical island vacation. He had to ride a kids bike 7 miles, ride a razor scooter 7 miles, and jog the last 7 miles all in the Elmo suit.

Ever since then, he's been trying on and off to get an interview with Elmo. The latest chance he had was to catch him at the Times Square Appearance on Monday promoting the new Elmo Live doll, but it happened while they where on air and he couldn't make it.

He's tried calling someone (I'm guessing Kevin's agent?) and has been told a few times that he doesn't do phone interviews..either as himself or Elmo.

So, the next question is, where does he go from here? Is there a better way to get an in person interview? The only other thing I can think of is to somehow contact the location of the Seasame Street set and see if it can be arranged during breaks in filming (assuming they film in NY or LA)...but I wouldn't know how to go about looking for that info.

Any help is appreciated :smile:. I said to them that if Kevin agrees to an interview, they should ask if he'd be willing to take part in an Iron Elmo Triathlon 2, with the puppet in the back seat of the 'pace car' yelling encouragement to his giant counter part, and interacting with the spectators :wink:.

Thanks again :smile:
Neil

P.S. To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, youtube search 'Iron Elmo Triathalon'.

Maggie

Reaction score
Yeah I want to contact Kevin Clash to interview him for fun and I dont know where to send it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I would like to first welcome you to to the forum, and hope you can find everything your looking for. We have a huge fandom for both Mr. Clash and for Elmo and we are glad we can share our fandom with you all.

Contacting Kevin Clash can be done, because I have a couple of friends who have done so and who have interviewed him as well. There are two websites that you can even see these interviews The Muppet Mindset and the MuppetCast. You can find how to contact Kevin through the people who run the sites there names are Ryan (Mindset) and Steve (Muppetcast).

Now I would like to add that Kevin dose not just preform Elmo. he wears a lot of hats at Sesame Street. He is a very busy guy, not only dose he prefrom Elmo but he is also the Muppet captin at Sesame and he is also a producer/director as well. Not only that (as if that where not enough) Kevin also helps with the "Make a Wish foundation" whenever i sick child has the wish to meet Elmo Kevin will drop everything even filming Sesame to help grant that wish . I say all this to kind of let you know that it may be hard to get Kevin right away. If he says no don't feel bad or anything like that just relize that he is a busy guy and it could take time to get him to have time.

I hope this helps!