Confound you, Comedy Central!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm mixed about it.

It does suck the big egg Futurama's really going to be cancelled this time (sucks even more that it wasn't as recursive as Family Guy getting renewed. Originally, that was supposed to be Adult Swim only until Fox picked it up). It really should have, at the very least, a last 13 episode season after this. Seems that there's some off chance it could go elsewhere in time, but I'm not holding my breath.

But on the other hand, it seems that the problem is fulfilling a nonrenewed contract. At least they didn't get screwed out of it, though they really should have renewed it. I agree with David X Cohen... it was pretty much lucky we even got a new 52 episodes in the first place. Plus, at least cancelling it now is assurance that the show won't be an old, stale relic past its prime, like the other animated shows on Fox.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So is everybody really upset about this? This is like the third or fourth post/thread about it on MC since yesterday.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Futurama is honestly a terrible show. Don't see its appeal.

But while its fine to be sad, at least, like DrTooth said, the show wold be old and stale and to the point where people want it to end, like the simpsons :stick_out_tongue:

I got over the news of Dan Vs being cancelled. It lasted 3 seasons which is longer than I thought it would last, and they ended while the show was still good. No episodes that make you want the "old" show back :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Futurama is honestly a terrible show. Don't see its appeal.
You know you're in a very thin majority, right? Terrible? Seems someone's confusing "matter of taste" for "quality." There are far more terrible, low quality adult cartoons out there. Such as the abyss known as Allen Gregory, which everyone hates for good reason.

I absolutely hate when people clamor for something back and then whine about how lousy the quality of something is for being a long runner. Futurama seems slightly consistent, except for rampant character development (not a bad thing). I'll admit the last few episodes of the last season were... off... but nothing as bad as "The Simpsons visit Africa" or "Peter Griffin gets excited about something for a full episode and acts like an idiot (which is like, 60% of the last few seasons)." Seriously, anyone who wants a show back and then whines about how terrible it is is not only a hypocrite, but the reason I've grown to freaking hate ANY fandom of ANY kind. "WAAAAA! My ship's unrealized!" "Waaaa! My ship IS realized, but not the way I want it!" "I liked it better when it was a fan theory!" "Why must you constantly ignore my fan theory?!" Impossible to please little jerks. They validate you, it's the worst thing ever. They ignore you, it's the worst thing ever. It's like, even the most beloved shows have 3 good episodes out of every 100.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know you're in a very thin majority, right? Terrible? Seems someone's confusing "matter of taste" for "quality." There are far more terrible, low quality adult cartoons out there. Such as the abyss known as Allen Gregory, which everyone hates for good reason.
How is saying it is terrible confusing "taste" for "quality"?

Do I seriously have to say "I think" every time I say I don't like something? Sheesh -_-

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a pet peeve. I've seen terrible. And by terrible, there is no enjoyment whatsoever that anyone could ever find in it. Shocking, horrible, beastly things. Hairpulling things that make you question your existence and lose your faith in humanity.

Here's an example...

Here's an even WORSE example

I get what you're trying to say, but... there's such a world of amazingly terrible terrible out there. I mean, Space Thunder Kids terrible. When you see that stuff, nothing ever seems terrible. My hair should be shock white and look like Doc from Back to the Future.

galagr

Reaction score
It's a pet peeve. I've seen terrible. And by terrible, there is no enjoyment whatsoever that anyone could ever find in it. Shocking, horrible, beastly things. Hairpulling things that make you question your existence and lose your faith in humanity.
You mean something like this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, that's more of a "We're still relevant Darnit." It's cute, but mostly harmless.

Once you see Space Thunder Kids, or Protectors of Universe, or whatever the heck else came from Joseph Lai, you're immune to annoying things, and only care about freaking horrible.

Though the new Teen Titans cartoon does suck. But on the level of being a fan of the 2003 Teen Titans series.

But back on the subject, I stand by my point on the ingrates that whined when Futurama was cancelled only to whine harder that the show "isn't the same" because it's quite impossible to freeze everything exactly in time, and characters and arcs develop. I mean, 30th Century Fox wasn't an episode to write back home about, but neither was the one where Leela played Blurnsball. There's always going to be an off episode, but as long as they aren't all off episodes, it's forgivable. Yet, I hear people that were irate that King of the Hill (which had an uninterrupted 10 year run) ended, even though it's a good thing it did... could have gone a couple seasons earlier. Lucky kinda ruined the show and by then Luanne became a freaking moron.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't realize new episodes were still being produced (though I did know that Comedy Central renewed the show a few years ago). I don't think I even realized that the show was still on the channel (reruns or otherwise) at all. It was a great show, but I think it's good that it's ending now (of course, I could end up watching the latest episodes, seeing them as the best ever, and thinking it's a shame it's being canceled).

I absolutely hate when people clamor for something back and then whine about how lousy the quality of something is for being a long runner.

On a similar note, it seems like back when Cartoon Network had very scarcely showed Speedy Gonzales shorts, the fans complained, but after CN stopped the ban and Speedy was shown on a more regular basis, fans started dissing the character, and quite a few seemed to even complain when the fourth Looney Tunes Golden Collection had an all-Speedy disc. I don't think I watched Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network much when the Speedy cartoons were no longer scarce, but I am happy with the all-Speedy disc (though I wish it had a few more Daffy and Speedy shorts... While I enjoy A Haunting We Will Go, I feel it doesn't truly represent the Daffy and Speedy shorts well). Though I read at TV Tropes that the Speedy cartoons are once again never shown on the channel (I don't know if that's true, but whenever I watch Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network, which is usually only one day a week, I never see them).