Confessing Crushes...

dwmckim

Reaction score
I haven't had a huge number of celebrity (real or fictional) crushes largely because i tend to be attracted to people that have a "real life" look to them as opposed to someone who's real good looking and could be on magazine covers. So i'm more likely to crush on an extra more than a lead actor or some obscure person in a commercial (like the guy in the blue polo shirt in that current Yoplait commercial). Plus i'm also very attracted to music/voices so someone who can sing in an attractive way might make me melt even if i might not care for them as much physically (but if there is a physical attraction, then that's a huge bonus!) Examples of people who can make me go weak in the knees when i hear them sing are Chris Isaak, Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode) Terry Hall (The Specials, Vegas, Fun Boy Three and several other groups), Annie Lennox (yes a sexy male or female singer will do it for me!), the lead singer of Cause and Effect, and the lead singer of the Beloved.

As per Muppet crushes, i'll admit to having had one on Flash (from Solid Foam) and one of the frequently used background puppets from Muppets Tonight with the glasses and soul patch (the one that ended up becoming the two headed comic) And is there ANY of us male or female, gay or straight, who hasn't crushed just a little on Bear in the Big Blue House? (Besides being a great big teddy bear, the fact that the aforementioned lead singer of the Beloved sounds just like him probably helped!)

To extend that to Henson crushes, i had a major crush on Ben Browder from Farscape - it was in the Exodus From Genesis episode when he was staring so concerned at Aeryn suffering from Sebacian Heat Delirium that first struck me and then when he delivered the tray of happy-face arranged food cubes at the end of DNA Mad Scientist, it was official! I also had a bit of a thing for Murray Bartlett who played Crichton's best friend back on earth, D.K. (Even though i don't watch any other soaps besides OLTL i made it a point to watch the Guiding Light episode a few months back where he and another actor were getting hosed down in their underwear - couldn't resist checking that one out!)

When i saw "I Love You Man" in the theatre, that was the first time i had ever crushed on Jason Segel - i think it was a mix of the character he played, the fact that he's a perfect example of "real life" attractive over "good looking" attractive that i mentioned earlier, and knowing that he's a Muppet Freak in real life that did it!

I'm trying to wrack my brain thinking of a cartoon character i crushed on as i'm sure there was one, but i can't think who right now...(Since it's more drawn than animated, does Michael Patterson from For Better or For Worse count? The adult version of course!)

I used to have a thing for Bruce Mccullough from Kids in the Hall, Nathan Fillion back when he was on One Life to Live (to this day he remains the best Joey Buchanan ever out of all the recasts), James Depaiva from One Life to Live once he reached his late 30's/early 40's, Chris Stack from One Life to Live (i liked him back when he had a bit part on the show in 2003 years before he became the recast Michael Mcbain), James Marshall from Twin Peaks (but only after he stopped dying his hair too dark like it was in the pilot).

...and finally John Henson (if i ever came face to face with him when he was outside the Sweetums suit, i would probably melt! Actually if i got hugged by him while he was in the Sweetums suit but with the face off, i would turn into a puddle!)...and if i met Drew Massey or David Rudman in person, i would probably get embarrassingly tounge-tied as well. (Charles Rivkin was a hottie too! I had no idea what he looked like until Muppetfest, and my jaw just completely hit the floor when i saw him!)

unclematt

Reaction score
I want to admit that I have a massive crush on Kristen Stewart. I wish she was older and more accessable

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I want to admit that I have a massive crush on Kristen Stewart. I wish she was older and more accessable
I know how you feel. Sort of. I mean to a degree, because... lol, never mind, I really don't need to bring it all up again, lol.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I have a few of these, unfortunately.

First, I gotta confess I have a slight crush on Shawn Johnson. Wish she was older and more accessible, honestly.

And then I got into the Sengoku Basara anime, and got a crush on Kasuga. Eeep.

And I also have a crush on Elizabeth Swann from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Go figure, right?

BJ

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I have crushes on Bill Corbett, Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy. And these men are about old enough to be my dad D:

Nick22

Reaction score
heidi montag? lol. she's hot, no doubt. but is there anything occupying her head?

i have a crush on selena gomez. i think she's beyond hot. and she's an amazing actress, and doesnt seem like too much of a snob. and miley cyrus is hot, but i try to stay way from whores who do pole dances on top of ice cream carts.

i also seem to find myself wishing my sisters dolls would come to life. like some of her american girl dolls are amazingly gorgeous. i could just sit and stare at them all day. even though that's kinda creepy.

i also have a crushes on mishavonna henson and allison iraheta from american idol. they're both hot, have amazing personalities, and are both hilarious. and i love girls who can make me laugh.

unclematt

Reaction score
Did Miley Cyrus do a pole dance on top of an ice cream cart? And I hope you are not sitting in you sister's room staring at her dolls.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
i have a crush on selena gomez. i think she's beyond hot. and she's an amazing actress, and doesnt seem like too much of a snob. and miley cyrus is hot, but i try to stay way from whores who do pole dances on top of ice cream carts.
Watch your mouth. You have no idea how horrible it feels to be called something like that.