Conan Mocks Muppet Stamps

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
On Late Night with Conan O'Brien last week, there was a bit where Conan showed fake humorous upcoming stamp series (a bit he does from time to time on the show). We'll one of them was of Muppet Stamps, called "Muppet Mug Shots". There were four stamps shown of Muppet mug shots. Click here to see the pictures of the muppet stamps Conan showed (just click the next button to scroll through all 4).

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I don't mind them doing the Muppets, but they shouldn't do Sesame Street characters.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I don't mind them doing the Muppets, but they shouldn't do Sesame Street characters.

i lOVE iT ARE THE SS CHARACTERS TOO SACRED

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
it was on again this morning (12/7) @ 3am i liked all the Stamps

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Imitation is the highest form of flattery, you know

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
It's just something about making fun of something so innocent, then again I laugh when I see Teletubbies and the like jokes.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I think Conan's Muppet parodies are his own sick way of honoring them. Conan's a weird guy and he comes up with some crazy stuff, like Muppets Faces of Death. The Muppets must not be too worried about it because they had a Triumph the Insulting Dog show up in a cameo for VMMC, and we all know where Triumph got his start (they have released a Best of Triumph on Conan DVD, fyi). It's all good for a laugh anyways because who would really think of the Muppets ending up in a mug shot? Remember the Bear on Patrol sketches? Zoot and Floyd were on wanted posters (and I'm sure many others were, too). It's not quite the same but it's along the same lines.

superfan

Reaction score
I'm howlin' here. I adore Conan O'Brien. He wrote for the Simpsons and SNL, so he knows what he's doin'. I didn't see this particular show, but I can just imagine him narrating the whole bit.
:smile: :wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh come on! I am one of Sesame Street's biggest supporters and protectors, and I think Conan using Sesame Street in his comedy bits is fine. Its only a little joke and it is funny because of how obsurd it really is to see the characters in that way. I am sure the folks at Sesame Workshop aren't taking it so seriously. They like Conan over there. Think of how many times Conan has appeared on Sesame Street and in their specials.