Commercials you love or hate

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I'm a big fan of many radio jingles - though many can be quite annoying! But I drive my brother crazy singing along with the OREO jingle. I also love the Outback Steakhouse commercials, the Drive a Honda, and some others.
Erin

I mean local ones... here's a sample

"Here a kitchen, there a kitchen, everywhere a Boston Kitchen" (Imagine it NOT sung, but mumbled pretty fast over and over and over...)

"We've got teriaki tenderloin, something something..." errr.... basically they drone monotone of all the kinds of meats they have

and

"kent, kent's carpet land, kent's kent's carpetland..." also over and over..

Come to think ofm it, they never really sing... they moan in a monotone drone... over drum riffs... yuck!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
We've got a really awful series of commercials here in Erie for H. Jack Langer plumbing. It's always H. Jack Langer to the rescue, one way or another. One of the most recent ones is a takeoff on "Castaway," and the guy says, "You know what I miss most about civilization? Indoor plumbing!" Then Jack shows up with a giant toilet. :stick_out_tongue: These commercials are truly abhorrent...
Erin
LOL!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
And we have to give an honorable mention to the GladWare commercials for Byron, for without him we would have never known the name of the girl in those commercials... um, the Glad Girl.
LOL! Well thanks for the li'l "tribute", SS & Erin, lol. :stick_out_tongue: Yes, I LOVE her! She is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute! :flirt:

:embarrassed:

:halo:

One o' muh fav'rites is the one with Kathy Griffin---I just love it when Kathy pushes her out, slams the door, and GG crosses her fingers in a cute pose and says, "We're like this!" LOL!!

And did I mention she's sooooooooooooooo cute?

:flirt:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Me too Beebers, lol...remember "Don't forget your Triscuits!"?

Well, my mom still laughs at the memory of me as a young tyke in the grocery, and when we got to the cracker or whatever aisle, I'd grab as many boxes as muh li'l arms could carry, race around to ladies shoppin', yell "Don't forget your Triscuits!" and throw a box into their cart. :zany:

She says the ladies would just laugh 'n think it was cute, but she couldn't believe I'd always do that...lol, sorry Mom!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I mean local ones... here's a sample

"Here a kitchen, there a kitchen, everywhere a Boston Kitchen" (Imagine it NOT sung, but mumbled pretty fast over and over and over...)

"We've got teriaki tenderloin, something something..." errr.... basically they drone monotone of all the kinds of meats they have

and

"kent, kent's carpet land, kent's kent's carpetland..." also over and over..

Come to think ofm it, they never really sing... they moan in a monotone drone... over drum riffs... yuck!
We have a horrible commercial here in Erie for Thrifty Cleaners, a dry cleaning place, that has these two kids droning this awful thing vaguely similar to the Spongebob Squarepants theme song, but totally tuneless and with really bad lyrics. Bleah.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Me too Beebers, lol...remember "Don't forget your Triscuits!"?

Well, my mom still laughs at the memory of me as a young tyke in the grocery, and when we got to the cracker or whatever aisle, I'd grab as many boxes as muh li'l arms could carry, race around to ladies shoppin', yell "Don't forget your Triscuits!" and throw a box into their cart. :zany:

She says the ladies would just laugh 'n think it was cute, but she couldn't believe I'd always do that...lol, sorry Mom!

:eek: Yikes! LOL! That is so funny! :stick_out_tongue: So, did they ever buy a box or two?
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I have no idea, but at least I was young enough to be "cute" about it---I don't do that now at 25! lol :stick_out_tongue:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm watching Letterman now, and Tom Arnold's about to come on. Initially I wasn't sure if I liked his Arby's oven mitt commercials, but soon I decided they were really funny. I get a kick out of them. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Ugh, I just saw another bad local commercial. Sue's Notary Service, with Santa getting pulled over by a traffic cop!! :eek: Most of them lately involve some sort of game show parody, like "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" and "American Idol." In the AI commercial she sings the Sue's jingle and wows the judges... Pretty scary.
Erin